Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake cable clip recall on 4 month old car?

birdseye

When was the brake cable clip recall  CGG64  first published? I got my new Prius in the middle of November but today a recall letter arrived saying they previously contacted the registered keeper but according to their records the vehicle has not been modified. Something odd there as surely it should have been fixed before it was released to me.

The DVSA recall is dated 21st November 2016 - http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=AB2C07030FBE12CF8025804A003403FA&freeText=Blank&tx=

So the recall could well have been after your delivery date.

It was 23rd November when I picked up the car although I can see plenty of refs to the recall dated October, presumably the dealer had not received official notification from Toyota

How long is this clip repair supposed to take, we just booked an appointment and got told it's a 4 hour job, really?

Mine was done last month with the first service.  Under 1½ hours for the recall, service, valet.  (I had breakfast next door while I waited!)  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, kithmo said:

I was told 2 hours, took them 25 minutes.

That's what I would expect it to be, 30 minutes fix plus wash & shine time so about an hour

my being told 4 hours was by a receptionist who probably got  her wires crossed

Just checked with local dealer regarding the brake clip recall. The new Prius business edition I am getting on March 1st is not subject to this or any recalls. Service department stated it it only affects certain chassis numbers. This forum is great on keeping owners informed of recalls etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe that after getting a letter from Toyota UK re the brake recall I booked it in  for 10.30 tomorrow morning.

Today a letter arrives saying my car is already to the correct specification and offering their sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused :rolleyes: