Do Not Sell My Personal Information

prius gen 2 reverse beep

philk123

I have a Gen 2 prius 2007. I want to disable the reversing beep as I have installed rear parking sensors (it was annoying anyway). I followed a guide on youtube but it doesn't work on my car. Toyota wanted to charge 60 quid for the job. Do I need a scanner and if so which would be the best value?

Thanks, Phil

I don't think you can turn off the reversing beeps.

I enquired at my local dealer and was told it cannot be done on UK models.

It was a major topic of discussion in the few years after the Gen 2 launched in 2004.  No one ever found a way of disabling it through software, but one or two said they managed it with wire cutters!

Hi as far as i remember the reversing beep can only be disabled to one beep via a scanner or the dealer it is not in the customisation menu 

OK which wire? The wire to the beeper ( which would disable all warnings ) or can I disconnect the reverse wire from the  central warning computer or whatever it is called?

1 minute ago, ian rooke said:

Hi as far as i remember the reversing beep can only be disabled to one beep via a scanner or the dealer it is not in the customisation menu 

That's true gor Gen 3 & 4, but I'm pretty sure it was not possible with the Gen 2

1 minute ago, philk123 said:

OK which wire? The wire to the beeper ( which would disable all warnings ) or can I disconnect the reverse wire from the  central warning computer or whatever it is called?

sorry such a long time ago, I can't find any reference now.  From memory, it was to the beeper, which I think was in the rear of the car, maybe connected to the reversing light circuit, but not sure.  They probably traced the beeper by ear.

• 3 weeks later...

I did do it on my 2008 Gen2 in the UK.

There were a lot of posts on PriusChat on it at the time. Too long ago for me to remember now, but it involved a series of button presses, foot pedal control and shift lever manoeuvres!

Try this one:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/m.wikihow.com/Disable-Reverse-Beep-in-a-Toyota-Prius%3Famp%3D1