Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parrot Bluetooth with Aftermarket Headunit

franse21

HI, I've got an original factory head-unit that came with Parrot 3100 bluetooth device. Went to install an Alpine IDA-X100 head-unit.

The SOT-062 cable was in use for Parrot. I've never seen so many cables used just for bluetooth! The 4 plugs on the left of picture are bluetooth other 3 are original radio plugs.

By the way anyone know what the 3rd plug is for as it's not used with PC2-17-4, if changing to aftermarket head-unit/radio?

Had purchased PC2-17-4 but if i use this i lose Bluetooth. So any ideas on cables i could use for this install, to keep Parrot with Alpine?

I'm thinking there might be some Alpine adapter but haven't come across one yet.

DSC00755.JPG

Parrot car kit comes with ISO connectors, so it needs adapters for Toyota, this is the reason you have so many connectors.

I am thinking back to my Novero (similar to Parrot with a stronger amp), my old Mk1 Avensis came with a Sony head unit as standard. There was a Sony to Toyota adapter cable, that was swapped out for Sony to ISO, then plugged into the Novero wiring loom. The PC2-17-4 was then plugged into the other end of the Novero loom, and then to the Toyota car plugs. The only adjustment I had to do was swap the permanent and switched power cables. Worked very well. 

Recap - The head unit should have ISO to plug straight into the Parrot loom, so you need only to use the ISO to Toyota to connect the Parrot to the car loom.  The steering control connection (probably the unused connection on the car), you may need PC99-209 stalk adapter to regain the steering wheel control.

Here are the links to the Autoleads catalogue - http://www.autoleads.co.uk/downloads This uses flash player to show the e-catalogue, then go to page 110.

And the Connects2 -  https://www.connects2.co.uk/products/steering-wheel-control-interfaces/vehicle or

https://www.connects2.co.uk/products/steering-wheel-control-interfaces/vehicle/Toyota

You don't need the SOT-062 lead once the head unit is changed. Also a good spec audio unit will have hands free bluetooth built in. Notice there are less aftermarket models, since most cars now have it built in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Konrad C for your help. Didn't use any steering wheel adapter. Removed SOT-062 and just used PC2-17-4 between Parrot loom and headunit. My Alpine is older and normally requires additional bluetooth adapter module. I wasn't forking out 100 quid for a bluetooth adapter and thankfully it worked without this. When call comes in it mutes radio and allows me to answer via Parrot button with Mic so good enough for me. I used FP-11-12 Fascia adapter but catch's trim pieces so they don't clip down fully. Will look at this again. See pics, otherwise happy as i like alpine user interface for browsing usb files and no cd's.

DSC00760a.jpg