Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ECU reset after battery disconnected?

Jezclax

I had the Battery out to sort out the rusty bolts. (see my earlier post about bolts under the Battery tray, negative strap bolt replaced with a stainless one after carefully removing the old one with copious amounts of WD40)

Now I'm finding the idle speed is a bit low _almost_ feels like stalling at times. Not driven it much yet though. 

Will this sort itself out or is there a procedure I need to follow? 

Thanks,

Jez

Yes the ECU has reset since the Battery was disconnected for a long time. What you need to do is drive the car for a few miles at different speeds and loads. The ECU will relearn all the parameters and the idle will be back to normal. The ECU reset is also a way of clearing EML codes. Toyota have had learning ECUs as far as I can remember, unlike the old British Leyland/Rover for example, where some of the cars had to have a memory Battery or go back to dealers, if the Battery was disconnected!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links