Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2d4d

NickSR180

Hi guys the gear box on my car has gone I'm looking at replacing it I have an auris sr 180 2008!! The gearbox I've found is from and avensis but of the same engine and year are they the same? 

Don't get it because the gearing is lower. Somebody posted on the forum when they replaced the gearbox for a secondhand Avensis version. It fitted, but the upper gears (4th - 6th) had lower gear ratios. In 6th gear the car change up light illuminated, due to the control unit reading the higher revs. I tried to find the post to link to, no luck so far.

The owner had tried to repair the original gearbox, but it failed again after a short time. He carried on using the Avensis gearbox, but can't remember what the final outcome was.  

Edited by Konrad C
additional words

Hey,

Mine has an Avensis gearbox too :) As I recall from a 2006 model. My Auris is from 2007.

It works. Just make sure that the donor car is the 177 hp version. 2.2's with less power have a slightly shorter 6th gear.

3 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

Don't get it because the gearing is lower. Somebody posted on the forum when they replaced the gearbox for a secondhand Avensis version. It fitted, but the upper gears (4th - 6th) had lower gear ratios. In 6th gear the car change up light illuminated, due to the control unit reading the higher revs. I tried to find the post to link to, but know luck.

Haha that was me I guess. I learned it the hard way. Just make sure that the gearbox is the EA60 version. 

I've attached a chart I got from Toyota back then.

Toyota_EA60_61.jpg

3 minutes ago, mravikt said:

Haha that was me I guess. I learned it the hard way. Just make sure that the gearbox is the EA60 version. 

I've attached a chart I got from Toyota back then.

Toyota_EA60_61.jpg

You are right Tibor. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links