Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof boxes ????

Beyond the Blue

I am thinking of getting a roof box for my 2011 Auris hybrid. I am a little confused as to what I need to do this. It appears that they fit directly on to roof bars which I don't have, and unlike other cars I've had I can't see any roof bar mounting points, I just have a full length rubber strip in the channels either side of the roof. Will I find mounting points under this strip? I would appreciate any advise on the best way forward. Thanks guy's.

On 25/02/2017 at 3:42 PM, Beyond the Blue said:

I am thinking of getting a roof box for my 2011 Auris hybrid. I am a little confused as to what I need to do this. It appears that they fit directly on to roof bars which I don't have, and unlike other cars I've had I can't see any roof bar mounting points, I just have a full length rubber strip in the channels either side of the roof. Will I find mounting points under this strip? I would appreciate any advise on the best way forward. Thanks guy's.

Roof boxes are straightforward. I have the toyota auris roof bars, would expect oem to be no different. They fit between the rubber strip and where the doors are, toyota provide paint protector clear stickers and allen key, along with a cover that has its own key.

The roof boxes should come with clamps that poke through slots in bottom of  the roof box and grip the roof bars. The Auris roof is rated at 60Kg including bars and box, 75Mph is supposed to be the limit. Still managed to get about 55-60Mpg on the autobahn last August.

Thanks for that Anthony! Do you know off the top of your head the length of yours? (roof box,that is).:biggrin:

I have the Thule 200 or 220 and it's about 1800mm in length, I know when I stand it up in the shed It's slightly taller than I am :biggrin:

So you almost fit 2 people in it lol

I had got mine from Toyota when I was buying the car second hand.