Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK3 2zz MR2 - Needs TLC

rokz_2005

Hello everybody,

So I went and bought a stock 1zz MR2 after toying with this for almost two years without being able to get it on road successfully for too long. Hence the reason for sale.

If you search up my posts you'll see the trouble I had with the car and I guess as I am a MR2 noob I didn't get it fixed properly.

I had the car fro about two year. It's been sitting on the road for 99% of the time.

Bad points

- I wasn't aware that the engine needed a cover and water has gone down the ignition pack and entered the engine - Misfiring and loss of power.

- Car's gearbox was replaced but the selector needs to be modified as it won't go into gears 2,4 and 6.

- Starter motor making noise

- Tracking needs to be cone

- A deliver van drove into the car but the accident is unrecorded as he paid out in cash (See pic for damage)

- Stopped going into lift, I should’ve got the lift bolt replaced as part of the rebuild.

- Botch up exhaust job (bought it like that and I was going to get a new one made)

- Body of the car is riddles with dents and scratches (I was going to get it filled and wrapped in Satin blue)

Good points

Mint roof material - I think the previous owner had a new one put on.

After market stereo

After market air filer Toyota Racing Development sportivo dampers

Tein lowering springs

Black alloys

HID lights

Leather interior in excellent condition with no rips or tears or scuffing.

Red engine cover.

When I first bought the car, the person who installed the 2zz engine did not use the bridge mount and the engine was at an angle. This lead to the driveshaft popping and killing the engine effectively. I took this opportunity to rebuild it. I bought the two lower section of the engine and the following new parts were installed:

Piston rings

All bearing

Timing chain

Clutch

Oil seal

Water pump

Oil pump

Spark plugs

Thermostat

Head bolt

Manifold wrap

Lotus engine cover with silicone surround (a little late but hey)

Original Toyota head gasket kit including valve stem oil seals (I had another kit put on from eBay which failed)

Seals and Gaskets all around

Since the rebuilding I have only driven about 4/5k miles and have changed the engine oil twice in order to break it in and keep the engine clean.

The car has a couple of extra bits such as spare oil filter, 4x used ignition pack...

I took a few things off this car as I know it will add no value plus I liked it, such as the rear TD wing and hard top fitting kit. The car now has a black boot and hard top fitting hook cover.

The car does start and drive, although the Battery may be dead now. I have spent almost £4000 in buying the car, rebuilding and repairing and as I am not a mechanic, or have a lot of knowledge on these cars, I can’t seem to get it fixed properly plus it seems I got bad luck .

I have to say when the car was driving... It was amazing. Very quick, perky and everyone just looks (maybe ‘cos of the exhaust sound).

Please see link for images.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/135555202@N07/vg9pX9

link has pictures of of old damage of the car.

I am looking for about £1650 for it. You can email me on rokz_2005@hotmail.co.uk

I am based in East London, E12.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links