Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Overtaking mirror

bathtub tom

I'm becoming increasingly aware of a 'blind spot' over my right shoulder, particularly when changing lanes on motorways.

My previous cars for the last dozen years or so had a convex or differently angled portion on the outside edge of the RH door mirror, the Yaris hasn't.

I'm aware of this eBay item: http://tinyurl.com/j2l9nve

But concerned with the description: ' MIRROR WITH VERTICAL LINE- ELIMINATES BLIND SPOT AND ENSURES MAXIMUM VISIBILITY'  doesn't necessarily mean the outside edge is different to the main mirror., and what does ' CHROME- LONG LASTING GLASS -BETTER THEN OTHERS LISTED ON eBay! '  mean?

It is odd that the drivers door mirror doesn't have the blind spot area. Although the new Yaris is good, there are several improvements I can think of. This being one.

30 minutes ago, Jonmartin said:

It is odd that the drivers door mirror doesn't have the blind spot area. Although the new Yaris is good, there are several improvements I can think of. This being one.

Neither does the Aygo. Perhaps the same supplier provides mirrors for both....

Toyota may or may not have addressed the issue with the revised Yaris range due later this year.

The mirrors could be improved, but there is no replacement for looking, IMHO. I get strange looks from passengers from head-swiveling. I worry most about hitting a cyclist or motorcycle.

I find the biggest blind-spot to be the driver's side A pillar. I find I can lose entire cars behind that at roundabouts.

Got one of these that seems to fit the purpose perfectly: http://tinyurl.com/zk592q7

Usual disclaimer, I've no connection with the seller etc and I see others are available: http://tinyurl.com/jyssc9m

I didn't want a self adhesive one that sticks to the existing glass as I thought it might obscure too much of the mirror.

• Like 1

Do you notice any increased wind noise with these?

7 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Do you notice any increased wind noise with these?

Not so far and I've been up to motorway speed. Some may think that's 80MPH, but I'm admitting nothing!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links