Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying a Verso - petrol or diesel

Verso17

Advice please.

I am replacing our trusty 2007 1.8 petrol Verso which has done 150k miles. It’s been excellent with very few problems but it's starting to get a bit weary.

My budget is approx £10k and I’m looking at a newer Verso - preferably the 2013 model - and plan to keep it for 5 years.

We average 15k miles per year - including several 500-750 mile motorway trips a year with 3 children, luggage, roofbox etc.

My questions are:

- is the 1.6 petrol engine enough for motorway driving? (I don’t want the 1.8 CVT).
- is the 2.0 diesel a risky buy? I know all the things that can go wrong with a diesel, but have found it hard to find out the probability of a DPG/EGR/injector going with the Toyota
- if I get a diesel with some of its 5 year warranty left would a EGR/DPF/injector issue still be covered?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts..

The tide is turning against diesel. You may find that in a few years there will be towns and cities that will ban diesel traffic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links