Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V8 landcruiser engine cut out

Sharon2014

Hi can anyone help please? My 2014 landcruiser V8 engine has developed an issue of cutting out? The fist time it happened on a dual carriageway and I just had time to get to the lay you before the power steering cut out.  It threw up three lights (4lo, and two others I can't remember). After trying to restart 5 or 6 times, it did and the lights went off and I carried on as normal. The car did this a couple more times over the next couple of weeks, so I took it to my Toyota dealer as it still has warranty. They had the car for three weeks, changed something (sorry I'm not sure what) but they told me that this would cure the problem. A few weeks later the car started doing it again. They took the car back and told me that it was unsafe for my family due to this problem. After ten weeks (December 2016), they told me that it was due to contaminated fuel and that they had a customer who had filled up at Morrisons (next door to them) and it had blown up their engine. (We own four vehicles and only ever fill them up at our local Esso). Anyway they changed the sender unit and filters and engine oil and said that this would cure the problem.  You guessed it, last week the car did exactly the same when my family and I were on the outside lane of the very busy M4 (scary). We went back to the garage today for diagnostics who told us that it is due to contaminated fuel! They showed us a bottle they say came from our vehicle and a bottle of fuel that they use!  I asked them where their fuel came from and they said Morrisons! When I reminded her what she told me before, firstly she said no and then quickly back tracked to say that it had happened to one of their customers! I said that as they know we only use Esso as we thought they were quite big in the industry, but they obviously don't recommend it? Of course they said that they can't endorse a specific fuel!  They are now apparently sending our fuel off for testing and tell us that this problem won't be covered under our warranty! I really felt like she couldn't be bothered and was just fobbing me off! Please help me with your opinions and experiences of this fault and this service? I hope this is the sort of thing you do on a forum? Sorry if not. Thanks in advance