Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla xli 1.3 4efe

Corolla e10 xli

Hello guys today I change the oil filter and oil at my corolla then I go for a little ride and back home. I rev it 2-3 times and when i go back I see oil on the road from the exhaust. What happen there? Is it OK or I have problem? Thanks 

Hi,

Are you saying you have seen traces of oil dropping out of the exhaust ?

Have you felt it with your finger, more likely its a mixure of black soot and water ..?

If it was oil then think you would have seen plumes of white smoke coming from the tail pipe.

As with any oil change, after the intial first run, check the filler and drain plugs are not leaking any oil and also nothing from the oil filter seal ( firm hand tight ?)

Then 15mins after switching the engine off, check the oil level is correct and top up if needed.

( needless to say, check it on a flat surface, not when parked on a steep slope as some folk do !)

Did you use the same grade oil as before ?

• Like 1

I think is something like black soot and water I check the oil level and its OK but it was a lot on the road with this 

Are you doing a lot of short journeys ?

If you follow some cars who have just set off you often see steam and a trail of water coming out of the exhaust.

When you rev the engine, as you say you did, then it just pushes it out faster.

Have a read at this thread, it explains it in detail.

http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/11315/what-does-a-water-like-drop-coming-out-of-the-exhaust-of-the-car-signify

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links