Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How long are you keeping your avensis

Alan1234

As it's Friday night I'm sat here with the family watching tv and I just wondered how long everyone's thinking of keeping there car and the reasons they would change and will you change manufacture.im planning on keeping my avensis for 3 yrs but if it proves reliable I may extend this . Next car will be a RAV4 or Honda CR-V (the Kia may get a looking )  either will be a petrol possible petrol/hybrid . 

I'm thinking of getting the 2 series for the wife and keep the 535d.

Planning on keeping it until it is 7 & possibly 9 depending upon circumstances, reliability etc.

Next car could be a run out Avensis 1.8 Tourer or possibly an Auris TS hybrid or RAV4 - depends what I need, what is available at the time etc.. ;)

• Like 1

Had my Mk1 7A-FE for 12.5 years until a year ago. Still running with new owner. Current Mk3 1.8 '09 Tourer I got in September 2015, might go for another 5 or 6 years. 

• Like 1

Have my T25 (mk2) from 2009 WAS selling it when buying a vauxhall insignia (embarrassing I know) which lasted 1 week!! so glad the old girl didn't get sold.will probably keep it until it falls apart which probably never will!😉😉👍

• Like 2

Our mk1 Avensis has been in the family for around 16 years. We all love it, looks great 3 box design, ours is the saloon version. I don`t think that we will ever part with it. My wife has an Auris. We have defected to Toyota. I usually ran a classic Audi, VW or 190E, and my wife drove the Avensis but now rather than sell the Avensis I hace decided to make it my daily driver. Just had the exhaust changed, thanks to Konrad`s extensive research on the subject I decided to go for a Euroflo one, looks and sounds good I hope it lasts at least 2 years. A few other niggles to sort out but nothing major,the Avensis is superior to my old (same age) Audi coupe which was plagued with problems, whereas the Avensis has never missed a beat, it has never left us stranded. I really don`t want to jinx it and tempt fate but it has to be the best car we`ve ever owned. I plan on keeping it forever.

• Like 2

I kept my 60 plate 1.8 Tourer for nearly 5 years and sold it just before the 5 year warranty ran out. It had been totally reliable and cost me nothing other than routine servicing. Why did I sell it - just because I fancied a change! Probably a mistake. I replaced it with a 5 month old 2015 Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDi Sportswagon. This was also a good car but I have to say overall it was not better than the Avensis (my recent review of the Ceed is posted on the Honest John and Parkers websites if you're interested). I kept the Kia for just under 18 months and replaced it recently with .......you might guess.... a 2015 1.8 Tourer. All this has cost me so I for one will not be changing my car again without very good reasons!!

• Like 1

I've had my Mk 1 for over 11 years. Great car. Never had any problems with it. Had a new complete (Bosal) exhaust year. No immediate plans to change it - the one thing that might make me change it would be to get something that does more MPG (it's a 1.8 petrol auto) and is better for longer journeys as I may be driving further to work in it n the future.

Just approaching 73,000 miles on a 2010 plate which had proved to be the most reliable car I have ever owned. The current warranty (extended) runs out in June 2017, and I have already purchased a new 2 year warranty to take it to 2019 (or 100,000 miles if sooner).

The bodywork is in immaculate condition for the year and shows no sign of external rusting whatsoever. Even the chrome trim is tip top unlike previous cars I have owned with more prestigious badges where trim showed obvious signs of impairment after a relatively short period of ownership.

I have just given the car a little treat by adding wind deflectors which have improved the cabin noise levels when windows open and arguably enhanced the looks.

In terms of ownership, a word of mention for the local Toyota dealer who have offered a tremendous service throughout. When I do come to change, part of the decision process will definitely be focussed on the quality of the selling dealer. Unfortunately, I probably will not buy a new Avensis when the time comes, but I will definitely consider continuing to run the car beyond 100,000 miles and take a risk on lack of warranty cover.

For anyone who is interested,the average mpg over the period I have owned the car is 43.

• Like 1

The decision when I bought my 2010 1.33 auris was because of the service manager in Charles Hurst Belfast  And 2nd was because it's a TOYOTA. 

2002 D4D from new, 15 years and counting - damn thing just keeps going !. Find it very easy to work on (servicing, belts etc), and parts are quite cheap now. Just wish the seats were a bit more robust (a bit saggy now.........)

Buzlby  check the breakers for a suitable pair and the put on a set of covers to keep them rigid? 

At 249,000 miles the old girl is still going strong. At a resale value of between £50 - £100 I am really hoping the Govt start another scrappage scheme to get rid of diesels.

• Like 1

My 07 2.2Td has done 83k and I've had it 9 years +. I certainly have no plans on swapping. As someone else said it's the most reliable, best car I've ever owned. I think if I won the lottery I'd still keep it. Plus there's nothing I fancy in its place.

• Like 1

bought in august 2012- touching 190,000- if it flies through mot in july it will be kept for a another year. very reliable and practical car. probably worth more to me than a buyer.

• Like 1