Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Speakers

Latimer

Could anyone tell me the size and type of mounting the in dash Speakers are for a 01 plate GLS. Seen a lot of posts about the door Speakers but haven't seen anything about the ones in the dash.

yup 10cm/4".

Mounted by screws, pretty simple to get out.

First pop the grill off with a screwdriver to wedge it out.

Unscrew the Speakers, lift them out carefully, and u will c the wires are attached to the speaker via a clip, unclip them from the Speakers. When replacing the Speakers just cut the clip off the wire and voila, wire to your speakers.

Right speaker:

positive = green wire

negative = blue wire

Left speaker:

positive = pink wire

negative = purple wire

oh if youre after dash speakers, the best to get are infinity or these:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2498

if youre after summit a bit more bassy, get these:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2197

search eBay first to see if they have em, usually a bargain!!

Cheers guys, thats the info i've been looking for. Will probably get some Sony X-plod's to match the ones i've put in the doors.

whoa whoa whoa! doesnt matta about matching, coz ya cant see them! ur best off gettin sum that r better and dont deteriorate the sound when turned up!

Cheers guys, thats the info i've been looking for. Will probably get some Sony X-plod's to match the ones i've put in the doors.

hi

hi dont bother they are crap well the ones i have are...changed them for some pioneer ones

try the kevlar Yellow cones one's are suppose to be good not heared them thou except for me hifi Speakers Halfords should have them setup.. 40 odd quid ish

oh the sonys was the 3 way version. :thumbsup:

My Sony X-Plod's are the s**t! I'm very happy, my full system is Sony!

Cheers :thumbsup:

i haave the JBLs P452 that were linked by Breezer and they are fantastic, more bass than u expect because they have a bigger cone that most 4" (their unique One Plus system) and lokts of nice trable. I would go as close to say that thay beat my Alpine componets for sound quality!!

:D i definately want to buy them now!! i wanted to buy em b4 coz my jbls in the back are good, now i wana buy em even more for the front if thats possible :)