Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius vs. Yaris

YarisHybrid2016

On 02/05/2017 at 4:12 PM, PeteB said:

No, the Prius C is a Yaris size Hybrid available on the US.  To me, it looks exactly like the Yaris, but with Prius (Gen 3) type digital dash, steering wheel etc.

I strongly suspect the Prius C and Yaris Hybrid share the same body-shell and power unit.

The original Prius was 1.5L, but had a less advanced engine and electric systems compared to the Gen 3/4 Hybrids.

The Prius C is sold as the Aqua in Japan, and was a best-seller there for a few years. It's a bit bigger than the Yaris, and competes directly with the Honda Fit/Jazz and Nissan Note over there. It does seem to have the same powertrain as the Yaris Hybrid, which is a slightly updated beltless version of the 1NZ-FXE from the 2nd gen Prius. The Yaris Hybrid seems to be a Europe-only, possibly because it's built in France (not sure)?

• Like 1

From what I know, correct - the Yaris Hybrid is built in France.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/built-in-europe-10-million-toyotas

TMUK also produces 1.6 and 1.8-litre VVT-i petrol engines, and assembles hybrid engines at its

Deeside plant in North Wales. From the second half of 2016, it will produce the new hybrid engine for the Toyota C-HR.

Toyota Motor Manufacturing France opened in 2001 and is currently building the the third generation Yaris (including the hybrid). Since 2013 it has been sending cars for export to the North American market.