Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone knows these wheels?

Marty__Mouse

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just introduced myself a couple of day's ago.
Still waiting on my 2012 Avensis which is made ready for buying at the Toyota Dealership. (want to have PDC installed and it gets some service and a good polish)

I hope to pick it up next week. It will be delivered on standard 17" which I will use for winter tires.
But I'm looking for the original 18" wheels which were standard on the Spirit model I believe.

Toyota~Avensis~Tourer~(1).jpg

Does anyone know the name of this wheel?

Thanks!

there is a set on eBay atm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-AVENSIS-T-SPIRIT-ALLOY-WHEELS-225-45-ZR18-18-ALLOYS-TOYOTA-2009-2016-/292038327438? Possibly doesn't help you if you are not in the UK.

From personal experience I honestly can't recommend them though - the handling will be slightly sharper but the ride will be worse & there will be a higher risk of tyre damage.

P.S. check the front doors for possible cracks developing by the hinges/restrictor.

• Like 1

Hi I have the 18" alloys on mine it gives the car a nice look , they do give a harsher ride but they do handle well with the right tyres as mentioned above its all about personal choice . Comfy chair of sporty ride . if I had the choice now I would properly go for the 17" wheels . 

• Like 2

Thanks guys for your quick reply.

I'm not really concerned about the comfortability since this was my old ride:

2015-10-10%2012.54.23_zpskctvaina.jpg

:)

My volvo was lowered approx 50mm and had 18" wheels with 225/35R18 tires.
It was a bit bumpy but with 300+HP fun to drive, sadly not as reliable as you would think.

So now it is time for a bit more economical and reliable Avensis. But I find the standard 17" wheels just a bit to small for the wheelarches.
So 18" or maybe even 19" is what I'm looking for. But I'm afraid that with 19" the car will be less economical because of the wider tires and heavier wheels.

But I've not decided yet what to do. So I thought of buying the 18" wheels first for the summer tires and when that drives well maybe I'll step over to 19" in future and use the 18" for winter.

Anyhow, I'm looking for the OEM 18" first because I really like the look of them. Too bad the guy on eBay is not willing to ship them abroad.

But do they have a name? Like the Podium wheels the newer Avensis have?

Thanks for the tip Heidfirst, I will definitely have a look at the hinges of the front doors!

1 hour ago, Marty__Mouse said:

Thanks for the tip Heidfirst, I will definitely have a look at the hinges of the front doors!

see this thread  

You can get Podium, Pitlane & Pitlane II in 18" to fit Avensis. I don't think the oem standard fit have a name but no doubt a part no.

On 6-3-2017 at 10:49 PM, Heidfirst said:

see this thread  

You can get Podium, Pitlane & Pitlane II in 18" to fit Avensis. I don't think the oem standard fit have a name but no doubt a part no.

Thanks for the link of that thread, I have read it and also found another thread about this problem on a German website.
I will definitely have good look with the testdrive this week.

And I will have a look for the partnumber of the OEM wheels. Found some sets in the UK, but since I'm in the Netherlands, shipping only will cost me as much as the wheels :)

Thanks!

I am on my winter wheels currently so will try to look for the part no. on mine but they are stored elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links