Do Not Sell My Personal Information

door sagging

Alex-avensis

Hi,

the drivers door on my 97` Avensis has is sagging now. In fact it`s quite hard to open, I have to give it a firm shove to open it. I think one of the door hinges either needs tightening or replacing. Anyone else had this issue and can recommend any cures?

Many thanks

Hi Alex, this is a problem that occurs on any hinge in time.There are repair kits available that can effect a fix to that. Enter something like car door hinge repair into a search engine as there is a lot of info re this.It may just a case of knocking out the old pin and replacing that only

Del

• Like 2

Hi, Del thanks for that :)  I shall look into it.

Alex make sure the open door is supported underneath say with a jack with a soft pad of cloth between them and it would be a good idea to have a spare pair of hands available to steady the door if you intend to have a go at it

Del

Hi you can adjust the striker pin were the door latch meets the body this will be a temp repair until you work out which hinge is sagging but should allow your door to shut easier . 

• Like 1

Hi, thanks gentlemen. Alan I may have to try and adjust the striker pin because I`m having difficulty in sourcing a repair kit for my car.