Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis D4D coolant loss

D4D56

2 minutes ago, D4D56 said:

Should dealer sell a car with advisory items (not sure how much these will cost me in future)!

Cheers 

They are what they are, advisory. The dealer is under no obligation to change them if they are not dangerous. You are buying a used car, 10 years old, it will have advisory items. There will be plenty more available I am sure, have a good look around, the next dealer may well be prepared to change such items. 

• Like 1

I think as long as the faults are declared up front they can sell whatever they want as you know and agree before you buy. If they won't fix the car and sell at the price you want, your free to look elsewhere.

The original car advert had MOT until September but on deposit invoice they promised a fresh MOT (as attached) and I paid holding deposit on that basis. Now they only replaced front wipers (also MOT failure), Can I get deposit back and withdraw?

Cheers 

IMG_20170318_121755.JPG

If the deposit invoice says 12 months MOT then they are in breach of contract (I cant see the picture) You could withdraw and get money back, however, why not just gently remind them what was promised?

I have spoken to Car dealer, he is not prepared to sort advisory items on MOT except front wipers which I am sure he will put cheapest (Car dealer claims that he is not making any profit and selling me at price he paid but I know he is selling for twice money)! At test drive,  I noticed clunk noise when turning on roads,  car dealer promised to look into this which was a trap to get deposit.

Any idea if clunk noise is linked with both front suspension arms?

Cheers

Has the car got a fresh years MOT or not?  An advisory isn't a fail, but it's a bit immoral of the dealer to wash his hands of it.

Hi,  I have been told by a car dealer that petrol cars does not have injectors? Is that true? Or April 1st arrived early this year ;-)

The complete story is that a dealer recommended warranty provider does not cover injectors, and car dealer is trying to sell me car by saying that petrol engine does not have injectors! 

Many thanks, 

D4d56 

7 minutes ago, D4D56 said:

Hi,  I have been told by a car dealer that petrol cars does not have injectors? Is that true? Or April 1st arrived early this year ;-)

The complete story is that a dealer recommended warranty provider does not cover injectors, and car dealer is trying to sell me car by saying that petrol engine does not have injectors! 

Many thanks, 

D4d56 

I suggest he changes his profession..................

• Like 2

9 hours ago, D4D56 said:

I don't think that any volume cars have been introduced with carburettors probably since the 90s ... They can't meet the emission/efficiency standards.

My first injected petrol car was in the early 80s.

I think this topic is going a bit of track . Your main concern is not getting a 12 month mot and about advisory's (Wiper Blades I change before an mot on my car as standard). Then you say the old mot that runs out in sept was clean no advisorys . Can you clarify have you got your 12 month ticket ? . Also regarding a warranty of 6 months that dosent cover injectors . Why are you concerned about injectors petrol engines rarely have issues with them . I would be more concerned about what is the claim limit money wise per claim most warranties aren't worth the paper there written on . Now you have mentioned about suspension and exhaust advisorys . On an old car you will get these cars are expensive to run . I suggest you either buy a newer car or learn diy cheap tool kit and Haynes manual this how people coped years ago . Now the finally thing I will say contact the AA or Rac they with carry out a full inspection for a price this your best option for a person who knows nothing about cars . 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links