Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Electrics on Auris T180 2007

imcg1989

Hi There,

Just a question in regards to some electrics issues I have noticed recently.

A month or more ago I first noticed the light that comes on when you open the door doesn't seem to come on anymore, which is weird as you can manually turn both lights on the roof on, but the one doesn't come on automatically when doors open now, bit annoying.

Then recently we had a bit of a frost and I turned on my wipers before the ice was cleared and since then they seem to not function properly. You kind of have to manually hold the wipers on for them to work.. unless they are in their fastest and second fastest settings of which then they will work. But the setting that comes on only when it detects rain doesn't work at all and if you use the jets to clean the window it will do two wipes then hang in the middle of the window on the third wipe on the way back.. strange no?

Also noticed only this week that my passenger side window in the front doesn't work anymore! Also the skip track forward button the steering wheel seems to skip backwards most of the time now instead of forward!

So yeah my electrics are going a bit mental at the minute! Any ideas as to what may be causing all these issues?

As regards the passenger side window, has the master switch on the driver's door (switch has a window symbol with an X through it) which disables the passenger windows, been depressed?

Re the other issues, try disconnecting the Battery for a while to see whether the system resets.

Hi FrostyBalls :biggrin:

I didnt think about that wee button, forgot about that! Will check when I get to the car later.

I'll try disconnect the Battery at home as well. thanks. Will update this evening.

2 hours ago, imcg1989 said:

A month or more ago I first noticed the light that comes on when you open the door doesn't seem to come on anymore, which is weird as you can manually turn both lights on the roof on, but the one doesn't come on automatically when doors open now, bit annoying.

Is this just for 1 door or all? If it is just 1 then obviously check the door switch.

Just now, Heidfirst said:

Is this just for 1 door or all? If it is just 1 then obviously check the door switch.

Hi Heidfirst,

All doors when opened dont seem to trigger it to come on anymore.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

As regards the passenger side window, has the master switch on the driver's door (switch has a window symbol with an X through it) which disables the passenger windows, been depressed?

Re the other issues, try disconnecting the battery for a while to see whether the system resets.

Hi FrostyBalls,

Window button did the trick :biggrin:

Unfortunately disconnecting did nothing but reset the clock and stuff! Still at a loss with those other issues.