Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4D head gasket (again)

Skyhawk01

Hi all.

I had a 4.3 T180 2.2 a few years back that had the dreaded head gasket problem. Got it repaired free of charge but panicked shortly afterwards and sold it. Anyway, that was a few years back and to be honest I have never been happy with any car since. I'm seriously considering an 07 plate and am hoping that after 10 years any issues would have been resolved. My question is how can you tell if the car has had any mods ? If they change the engine presumably the engine number will be different ? Obviously after 10 years the chance of getting Mr T to repair or modify regardless of whether they should have been done is zilch.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

The Toyota solution to the AD head gasket issue was to provide case by case cover for a period of 7 years or 111,846 miles, whichever occurred first, from the date of first registration. All of the affected cars should now be beyond the cover Toyota provided - see 

A Toyota dealer should be able to trace from the service history whether a car has had a replacement engine.

nice script... " The Yaris GRMN (Gazoo Racing tuned by 'Meister of Nuremburg') will be available in three door only. The 1.8 litre supercharged engine produces more than 205bhp. 0-62 in around 6 seconds. Reinforced chassis, extra bracing, Torsen limited slip differential, and dedicated shock absorbers. "

I hope the happy future owners will be thinking of this spec while they are stuck in traffic jams...  just a thought.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links