Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio for E150 with Bluetooth

whitecube

Hey :)

my Girlfriend have the E150 with the 1.33 Petrol Machine (start&stop).

Some things are a little bit basic. Like the Radio without bluetooth and the steeringwheel without the buttons for the handsfree...

Does someone have some infos for upgrade booth things?

which toyota radio does support bluetooth? (my avensis 2009 looks similar to this radio) the auris have the 86120-02510...

my question now... is there a radio that looks like this and support bluetooth like in the avensis?

if yes, can i upgrade the steering wheel, with that version with buttons?

best regards,

lukas

Some versions of the post facelift Auris 1.33 had bluetooth with steering wheel mounted controls -  TR and Colour Collection for example. Both of these had the Toyota Touch head unit..

The stereo in our facelift 2011 Auris 1.6 Valvematic TR wasn't a touch screen but did have bluetooth.  It looked similar (or identical maybe?) to the non-bluetooth stereo and IIRC it didn't have anything on it stating it was bluetooth compatible.   I maybe remember reading somewhere that the bluetooth equipped models said "wma mp3" on the front, but I might be wrong?  It used the steering wheel controls for pairing etc so you'd definitely need them installed.  Bear in mind you'll probably need to install the microphone too, maybe more.  Also, be aware that you could only add (IIRC) 10 contacts into the car's memory, other numbers had to be dialled using the phone handset, and although all calls could be answered from the car buttons, they were without full caller ID, ie only the number came up on screen.  Also we never figured out how to get music streaming to work on ours.

FWIW I'd fit a Parrot kit and have full phonebook access and music streaming etc.

edit... ours looked like the one in this youtube video, but I don't remember it saying DAB on one of the buttons.  Notice the wma mp3 lettering on the front...

• Like 1

There is another option, which is to add aftermarket bluetooth. There are a few options depending on how you will use the bluetooth. Parrot will be good for phone calls and also get the Satnav commands from the phone. Just buy SOT-062 adapter cable and all plug and play. Next are systems which use the CD changer port. I have the LA Power Bluetooth/micro SD/USB/aux adapter - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluetooth-handsfree-A2DP-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Corolla-Yaris-2006-2011/111575424767?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D324a466ed32a48c98a03f88fed79a61b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D111664931975 

It works well but the bluetooth is a little quiet and the playback is in mono. I mainly use the USB memory stick anyway. There are better brands which have better Bluetooth performance, but they are getting hard to source. The steering track up/down controls are used to answer and end calls.

Other brands Grom - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grom-Audio-BT3-Integrated-Bluetooth-kit-TOYOTA-AURIS-COROLLA-AVENSIS-PRIUS-TOY-/172386947199?hash=item282310107f:g:dxkAAOSwn7JYD4hm

Yatour - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-Bluetooth-Car-Adapter-Handsfree-Car-Kit-For-Toyota-Lexus-Scion-Small-6-6-/182454649495?hash=item2a7b250297:g:mtYAAOSw4DJYmUzu

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-2004-On-Car-Bluetooth-Streaming-AUX-In-Handsfree-Kit-CTATYBT002-/261946330503?hash=item3cfd37cd87:g:D2sAAOSwT6pVjqbj

More cars come equipped with Bluetooth as standard or the aftermarket brands Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC etc are also fully equipped too.    

I mention these, because it will be difficult to retro fit the steering controls and associated cabling. 

PS - Just saw this post which you have enquired in :-

The question is, has the cabling been pre-installed so you can just buy the steering wheel switch, similar to adding cruise control? 

Edited by Konrad C
additional info

does the aftermarket things, that i connect with the cd changer port switch automatic to the correct input if a call come in?

example: i listen music in the radio -> a call come in, what will happen?

Parrot kits mute the stereo irrespective of what you're listening to.  Ours didn't pause a cd tho, just muted it.

I use a yetour setup, plugs in to the multichannel port and then i have aux, bluetooth, usb, SD and all works from the factory head unit 

On 3/12/2017 at 5:15 PM, whitecube said:

does the aftermarket things, that i connect with the cd changer port switch automatic to the correct input if a call come in?

example: i listen music in the radio -> a call come in, what will happen?

On 3/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, alan333 said:

Parrot kits mute the stereo irrespective of what you're listening to.  Ours didn't pause a cd tho, just muted it.

They all do the same thing and mute what ever you are listening to, then switch back after the call has finished. Even the bluetooth adapter plugged into the CD changer port does the same. Yes fully integrated.   

On 3/12/2017 at 10:21 PM, smudge-1991 said:

I use a yetour setup, plugs in to the multichannel port and then i have aux, Bluetooth, usb, SD and all works from the factory head unit 

Ben, how does the bluetooth perform on the Yatour? Is the volume level high enough, and if playing music, the sound is stereo? The LA Power unit bluetooth volume is lower than the USB/SD adapter and the radio/AUX/CD sources, which are all the same. Worst is the music is mono, which is obvious with most of the music I listen to. Anyway i only listen to music via USB or MP3 CD, so not too bothered personally.

I bought one of these from eBay last year and fitted it in my Auris:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121823074918?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've been very impressed with how it works and integrates into the standard Toyota radio, and it's hard to fault for sound quality. I'm sure the bluetooth is stereo too.

The bluetooth also connects instantly every time, which is more reliable than the Toyota factory-fit bluetooth in my wife's Avensis (although I'm never sure how much of that is down to the car and how much is her iPhone being awkward...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Ben, how does the Bluetooth perform on the Yatour? Is the volume level high enough, and if playing music, the sound is stereo? The LA Power unit Bluetooth volume is lower than the USB/SD adapter and the radio/AUX/CD sources, which are all the same. Worst is the music is mono, which is obvious with most of the music I listen to. Anyway i only listen to music via USB or MP3 CD, so not too bothered personally.

The volume control is good i was originally turbo information my stereo all the way up and realised it was because my phone was turned all the way down once i configured my phone's bluetooth audio level it has been ace ... I've no fualts with it ...

Sounds good

took about 10 mins to fit ...

Works easy enough

Simply press Disc twice and the aux system fires up and bosh well away ..  

I love it and have no issues with connecting, using. 

Also it auto connects when you turn on the ignition 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smudge-1991 said:

The volume control is good i was originally turbo information my stereo all the way up and realised it was because my phone was turned all the way down once i configured my phone's Bluetooth audio level it has been ace ... I've no fualts with it ...

Sounds good

took about 10 mins to fit ...

Works easy enough

Simply press Disc twice and the aux system fires up and bosh well away ..  

I love it and have no issues with connecting, using. 

Also it auto connects when you turn on the ignition 

I also turned the volume up to max on the phone, which still leaves it a little quiet. It is set for max on bluetooth only. The sound is mono only and I tested the stereo sound stage via AUX and bluetooth, then comparing the same tracks on USB memory stick. The almost swirling surround, atmospheric and wide stereo stage of the other sources are missing on bluetooth. At least the tracks change via the controls on the unit or steering. Remember mining is the LA Power whilst yours is the Yatour. I would rate mine 7 out of 10, whilst yours 9 out of 10 going by what you said (the extra 1 point if the stereo sound stage is there).    

No it all sounds the same whether it be radio, CD, aux, usb