Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Horn

Soeley

A couple of weeks ago I noticed my horn was only working intermittently, then it stopped working altogether. Now as some of you know I have a Stebel Nautilus air horn fitted, wired in through a separate relay. The first thing I did was change my relay, but that didn't make any difference, I knew it wasn't the actual horn as when pressing the steering pad my relay could be heard clicking intermittently. 

I thought it could be the original relay, but it is hard to get to to test. So the next easy thing to check was the steering pad, I was a bit wary about removing this due to the airbag. After disconnecting the Battery -ve and waiting a few minutes (manual says 90 seconds), with the pad unclipped their is only two wire connections Horn and Airbag. Now the horn connector practically fell off when I touched it, it is just a female spade connector. After a little squeeze with some pliers to make it tight again all is good as new and working perfectly.

So if any one has trouble with an intermittent horn, I suggest to try this first.

The single black wire is the horn connector (Airbag connector removed from center orange socket)

WP_20170312_14_16_45_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like 3