Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Still clunks when I let the clutch out

Neilll

My 2010 XTR 2.0 petrol makes a clunking noise when I let the clutch out quickly to the biting point. It will do it in 1st and 2nd gears. I have had it to my Toyota main dealer and my local garage, they both checked the engine and transmission mounts and looked for the cause, but neither could find it. I can also sometimes judder on the passenger when I pull away uphill. Does anyone have any idea what it might be please

Oil leaking from the gearbox or engine seals on to the clutch for the judder and distressed springs on the clutch disc for the clunking ???

• Like 1

cheers. Would that be a big job to fix or is it better to just leave it?

Would be a garage job for me now, however, do you want to keep it like it is and put up with it?  Bear in mind the part exchange price would plummet if you went to sell it as it is.Why not get a couple of opinions re a repair quote to see what costs you would be facing. I think my RAV is a nice set of wheels and would go down that way first but of cause it is your wallet and your opinion that counts. To me that would not be an old car but you know what it is like otherwise Could it be a keeper for a while or are you ready for a change? So many things to think on !!

Del

I agree with crofter.... it could also be a bent or broken finger on the on the clutch pressure plate; whatever, its a clutch out job by the sound of it, and like crofter, I don't do involved jobs like that any more (to old).  I look at my Rav4 as a glorified old jeep rather than a car... so clunks, judders, rattles and squels don't phase me.  My Rav4 is nineteen years old now and has been making these sort of noises for last eleven years that I have had it.  The clutch would have to stop working before I would consider having it ripped apart.  Still, it's your choice if you have the dosh to have it done.  It might pay to run it a bit longer and see if it gets any worse... you might find you can live with it or change your driving style to accomodate it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links