Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004,petrol estate,cut out and wont start

firemansam54

hi gang need some ideas please,my wife has just pulled into the drive and told me that the car has cut out on her and wont re start,i went out to investigate and on turning the key all dash lights come on but thats it ,car wont crank, nothing just a csingle clicking noise when i turn the key,thought it may be the Battery so whipped it off and have it on charge,but in meantime have taken the Battery of my other car to see if it will start and same thing,its the same Battery on my other car .

any ideas please

Hi ,if your getting a click sound when trying  to start the engine and all your  dash lights are coming on correctly then it sounds like your starter motor is at fault your need to check all connections are tight on the starter and Battery .you could try giving  the starter a tap with hammer or piece of wood while your wife try's starting it this can make the starter work .good luck I'm sure lots of guys and girls will be along soon with advice for you who may have had the same issue you have .

• Like 1

hi alan cheers for the quick reply,it,s just a single click matey not a continous clicking that the starter would make if it was stuck.

Not sure on your model has the starter shaft got a square end that you can get a spanner on to see if it can be turned. the solonoid would only click once if it was a jammed starter

not sure mate i will have a look in the morning,if it does i will try and give it a turn,cheers

just to give a heads up to all those that replied,it turned out to be the starter motor,the wife didnt want to tell me that she had stalled the car,!Removed! women eh, so all sorted now and looking for a new wife.

cheers

• Like 2