Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight not working

Hi Guys,

So my passenger side headlight went and decided to replace it, however its not working, when i turn the headlights on there is 12v power coming to the connector as i tested with multimeter, i tried using the bulb from the driver side which is working but when used on the passenger side it doesnt work, all the bulbs work on the driver side but not the passenger side. Cant imagine it being a damaged cable as there is power coming through?

Its never happened before and it just happened all of a sudden.

Help please

2 hours ago, 27901591 said:

Hi Guys,

So my passenger side headlight went and decided to replace it, however its not working, when i turn the headlights on there is 12v power coming to the connector as i tested with multimeter, i tried using the bulb from the driver side which is working but when used on the passenger side it doesnt work, all the bulbs work on the driver side but not the passenger side. Cant imagine it being a damaged cable as there is power coming through?

Its never happened before and it just happened all of a sudden.

Help please

Have you checked the earth connection to the headlamp unit? When I first bought my Auris the OS front foglight didn't work. I changed the bulb, no different, despite 12V getting to the bulbholder. It was only from wiggling a bundle of earth cables about, which made the light flicker on briefly, that I discovered the earth wire had corroded and fallen off where it clamps with a bundle of other earths onto the inner wing. The earth connection itself was quite inaccessible so I just cut through one of the neighboring earth wires and spliced the detached earth wire into that. Three years later the light is still working fine.  

Thanks for the quick reply guys will check tonight. :)

• 3 years later...

I know the thread is old, but i'm having exactly same problem as op.

Pass side dipped beam not working. When i place that (H11) bulb in the DS headlight - it works.

I'm relatively comfortable splicing and reconnecting wires. 

Could someone possible help guide me - as to how this can be repaired.

Where is the earth wire - and which alternative would i splice to please?

Earth wire is the bodywork of the car, so any place with a good connection will do, or you can find some connection point with a wire already present and splice it.

In general any bare metal will do, you can use a test wire and place it on any bare piece of metal, like the engine.

I would take the multimeter, set it to continuity, aka the beeping mode, then check the good headlight, to find which is the ground wire, then check the bad one, and see if you can repair the connection.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

It happens to all the issues you mentioned above my toyota auris 17 plate so i booked appointment with the dealer the earliest date is 30 January 2022 so i will see what they say about it