Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV 4.2 rear door check straps

IanML

My RAV 4.2 front doors and tailgate check straps will hold the doors in the open position, but both rear doors do not.  Anyone know whether this is normal, or do I have two duff check straps, please?

Anyone with a five door 2000-2005 - please?

I have one 2004 but can,t check mine at present as currently in Japan on hols but if no one gives you any help will have a look when back next week.  Not sure I've noticed to be fair sorry but will see if any different from fronts.

Just checked my 2003 4.2 - the back doors are definitely not as tight at the front and tail.

Grumpy Stumpy - Enjoy your hol, and I look forward to your reply on return.

Wokwok - Thanks for that.  Mine swing freely, so if yours show some tightness, it could be a wear-out issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I did not know my self so i checked mine....  front doors holds open and you can feel it lock into its seat on the check-strap but my rear doors dont hold or feel the same.

The tail gate door locks fine but only opens 2 thirds of its way. This ive seen can be changed to a full opening 90 deg. so you can get bigger things in the boot. But be warned these are the stranded part from the States as there laws are different. something about the door blocking the lights when open.

I have one 2004 but can,t check mine at present as currently in Japan on hols but if no one gives you any help will have a look when back next week.  Not sure I've noticed to be fair sorry but will see if any different from fronts.

just checked mine now I'm home and yes my rear doors are definately slacker than the fronts, a small breeze would shut them .

Thanks very much for the replies.  I think it's something I'm going to have to live with.