Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What tyres to get on T-Sport?

pw96

I need to replace my front tyres as the tread depth only has about 2mm left.

The rear tyres have more tread and are in good condition but i'm not sure if these should be replaced along with the front ones. The rear tyres are Maxxis MA-P1's 195/55/16. I have also noticed the tyres have slighly less tread depth on the outside compared to the inside, will be getting an alignment anyway.

I am looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on blackcircles.com which are 205/55/16.

Will fitting slightly wider and gripper tyres on the front mess with the balance? Is it worth extra money for sport orientated tyres?

What tyre setup do you have on your T-Sport? Thanks

I run Uniroyal rainsport 3's on all four corners and can't fault them in the dry,excellent in the wet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Toyo Proxes TR1's on mine and they are great tyres for the money.

You'll notice the steering will be a bit heavier when you use slightly wider tyres, but that's just because you have more rubber in contact with the road. It's a bit unnerving at first, but you get used to it.

I think with sports orientated tyres the walls tend to be thicker and a bit stronger, so there's less roll going around corners. That's what I have been told anyway.

I've used Toyo's on my 107 and they have been good tyres. Good grip in the wet as well as the dry, which is no mean feat considering the wheels of the 107/Aygo are like bicycle wheels. I've used Falkens in the past which were OK as well. The wheels I bought from Ant182 came with Maxxis tyres which I've never had before, and are currently on my Corolla. My word! The grip I get from them is unreal! I'll get the model name for you when I'm eventually forced to leave the house to go to work this morning.

Edit: So I checked and I've got Maxxis Pro R1 tyres. These have been superceeded by Maxxis Premitra HP5.

11 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

You'll notice the steering will be a bit heavier when you use slightly wider tyres, but that's just because you have more rubber in contact with the road. It's a bit unnerving at first, but you get used to it.

I think with sports orientated tyres the walls tend to be thicker and a bit stronger, so there's less roll going around corners. That's what I have been told anyway.

I've used Toyo's on my 107 and they have been good tyres. Good grip in the wet as well as the dry, which is no mean feat considering the wheels of the 107/Aygo are like bicycle wheels. I've used Falkens in the past which were OK as well. The wheels I bought from Ant182 came with Maxxis tyres which I've never had before, and are currently on my Corolla. My word! The grip I get from them is unreal! I'll get the model name for you when I'm eventually forced to leave the house to go to work this morning.

Edit: So I checked and I've got Maxxis Pro R1 tyres. These have been superceeded by Maxxis Premitra HP5.

I never heard of Maxxis before I had my corolla, they don't seem to sell them over here in N.Ireland.

They are supposed to be great tyres for the price but I think I would be more confident going with a popular brand.

56 minutes ago, pw96 said:

I never heard of Maxxis before I had my corolla, they don't seem to sell them over here in N.Ireland.

They are supposed to be great tyres for the price but I think I would be more confident going with a popular brand.

I had the same thoughts. Once I was skint and paid £20 for two Chinese no name tyres for my 107. When it rained and I tried to go round a roundabout, I'd be turning right and the car would be going straight on.

But I've had these Maxxis tyres now for like 2 months and I do 320 miles a week. They've been far better than what I was expecting, and I'd buy them again when they need replacing without a second thought.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links