Jezclax

Central locking behaviour.

Hi all, 

I unlocked my Auris using the key in the lock for the first time and I'm fairly certain that when i started driving the doors autolocked. 

Am I imagining this? 

Jez

the doors can be setup to auto lock i think its at about 10mph / 15mph when they lock

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eygo said:

the doors can be setup to auto lock i think its at about 10mph / 15mph when they lock

Don't think auto locking is available on the first generation Auris (2007-2012).

Maybe driver's door switch is not working and the ECU doesn't detect an open door, after 30 sec. it locks the car ...

Thanks for the replies.

It's fine when I open doors with the remote.

Will have another check on the weekend. 

Jez

Finally remembered to look at this again.

If I unlock the drivers door with the key, only the drivers door is unlocked. Then as soon as I start the engine the door clunks to locked. I can press the button on the door to unlock/lock all the doors as normal.

Can anyone confirm that this is usual behavior for this model Auris? Seems pretty logical and repeatable. 

Jez

Different model but when I unlock the drivers door using the key the alarm goes off (maybe because its deadlocked?) and I have to start the engine to turn the alarm off. It only unlocks the drivers door and afterwards stays unlocked.