Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faithful Previa - stick or deal

edmiikk

Our faithful Previa is now nearing end of life (N reg), but we really do not want to part with her.

A friend mentioned "modern classic" and suggested just holding on to it. Parked on the drive.

Is it realistic to wait for prices to start going up again, or is she destined for spare part dismemberment?

My guess would be option No. 2.:sad:..As good as they where..and well liked...I can't really see these gaining enough "classic" status to be worth hanging on to tbh.

Parked "on the drive" is not exactly going to do the vehicle any favours is it.

Neil.

My Corolla is 1998, and I'm sure just like your Previa, still has many years left in it.

You should only change if you need to change. If the car starts, stops, drives well and does everything you need it to, then why change it?

• Like 1

I assumed that the OP had already decided it was time for it to be "retired".?.!!!...if not, then I agree, if it's doing all that it should and is reliable then keep it...but USE it.

Neil

1 hour ago, RUToyota said:

I assumed that the OP had already decided it was time for it to be "retired".?.!!!...if not, then I agree, if it's doing all that it should and is reliable then keep it...but USE it.

I'm not sure. But sometimes people decide to part with a car just because they get bored filling it up with diesel one day. My old man used to do that all the time.

Yeah - its the old heart versus head problem. My family grew up with this car, our youngest wasn't even born when we bought it. She is upset, like losing a family pet I guess, as I have sold the car. Basically the garage quoted around £500 to fix the radiator leak and then said none of his mechanics wanted to work on the car - they don't appreciate the engine position, and further that the radiator was probably only the start of the problem. So after 17 years we have parted company. 

I thought that would be our last Previa but have just seen that Toyota are making them again. http://www.toyota.ae/new-cars/previa/#gallery.  

Now to find the 150,000 dirams.... Donations welcome lol. 

NewPrevia.png

Oh well...at least you have good memories...and who knows...you might be back in a Previa in the future.:biggrin:

The are great vehicles. I love my Estima....You get a lot of vehicle for not a lot of dosh.!

Neil