Do Not Sell My Personal Information

corolla 1999 e11 1.3 non vvti, lagging during acceleraton

pppzzz

Hi all,quick question,ive had my corolla e11 1.3i non vvti for 5 years now without any problems but recently ive been getting an intermitant lag during accelleration,i have renewed the coil pack,ignition leads and plugs(from previous advice) and it was fine for about 50 miles but now its lagging again and has a low tickover.,it seems it must be a feul problem,.any advice would be greatly appreciated

I think I recall someone mentioning that you should clean the throttle body on the Corolla, because over time it can get dirty. Have you tired that?

Hi there,thanks for the reply,im going to change the fuel filter over the weekend,so why its all disconnected i will clean out the throttle body.

cheers again.

No problem. I think the fuel filter does need changing at some point, I can't remember when so that might be a possibility too.

I think the video I watched of the throttle body being cleaned used Seafoam. Seemed to make a huge difference in terms of carbon removal especially in the cylinders when used there.

Hi there,changed the fuel filter,same thing lagging, checked ignition system and plugs again and found number 3 plug was faulty with a burnmark down 1 side, bad insulation,dont trust denso plugs!!!this is the second set which have been faulty,the last set had a plug with a deformed thread which would have destroyed my cylinder head thread.

all is well now its running great,seems ive gained 10hp !!!

keep away from Denso spark plugs

cheers again