Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Houston, we have a problem, well, I do

So, what is the problem? Well, the 'Teeth' in the grill of our iQ are not so good... in fact, there are only a few left. Last year some may remember a comment from me about a large Pheasant hitting the car in its Kamikaze attack as it stupidly ran out into our path at the last second, instead of remaining still at the side of the road- stupid bird. Anyway, my problem is that I need to do something to fill the gappy teeth area.

I managed to get two lollipop sticks glued together and painted x2 -using colour magic polish- to make a good enough facsimile of missing teeth. The issue was fixing them securely to the gap they were removed from. I have thought about removing the other teeth -except those supporting the DRL's at the outer corners of the 'mouth.' I would then source some mesh for the grille -already been looking on t'Internet. Below is what it looks like now, minus the fly corpses.

Any comments, helpful or otherwise welcome.

Toothy Grin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes , my IQ resembles the lead singer of the pogues, a few teeth missing also paint scrapes on the corners of the bumper.Purchased like that with intention to fix and priced accordingly.Have looked into eBay for possibilities , New bumper supplied painted £190 or bumper primed £70+.

Easy enough to fit.

Or original bumper,£50 for plastic primer, paint primer , Tyrol silver spray and a Gloss finish.Bit of elbow grease sandpaper and some you tube videos on how to spray paint.

If it looks too poor , local quote to spray both bumpers completely £300.

This leaves the teeth, surely Lego bricks is the way to go. Licks lolly sticks any day !

58e53d310584c_MrPoguestooth.jpg.22c4cb36cf8a1e9888eda941a9a0c07e.jpg58e53d2c82b9f_MrPoguesnewteeth.jpg.305d5f175bf4f1fc1891b014a95f673e.jpg

Hey Paul, Like the link to the lead Pogues singer. Included pictures -the first of which I had to switch around so the tooth position matches our car, the second is he with new teeth. I have been looking at the 'gappy grin' and am thinking it does not look too bad. I just have to remove a perfectly good 'tooth' to make it look even. Was thinking of some mesh to cover the gap, but not so sure if I could remove the bumper without buggering (making a mess of it, in case the auto defence system deletes that word) it up. Would also then need to find a way to attach said mesh. Ah well, summer is coming.

The bumper actually comes off very easily. 

There are two bolts each side that hold the little black flaps in front of the wheels, take them off. There is a row of plastic clips at the top of the bumper under the bonnet. There may be a few more bolts along the bottom edge in the middle, can't quite remember now but once all the bolts and plastic clips at the top are out, the sides just unclip from the wing and the entire front end lifts off. Have a mat on the floor first so you can put the bumper down to unplug the fog lights.

I have done this numerous times now to fit DRL's, horns etc and I reckon it takes me about ten minutes now.

Craig.

Hi bob, glad to hear it's not the family album.At least there's a few options out there should you have to the want too.

A previous post provides diagrams for removal, also Craig's post is a good how too guide.

Hi Craig , big thumbs up for the how too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links