Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch & Go without GPS?

tobiashansson

Hi, I have a little problem. I have buy a Yaris 2013 with Touch & go system.
When i press on GPS button it says "the system is not installed"
In the user manual its says that i can update my map on: https://customerportal.toyota-europe.com/login/index.html 
But, when i want to download it the page want a "divice ID"

When I try to find the "Divice ID / product number" in my "Touch & Go" I do not find it into  "System Information".
I made the step to do but my unit would not show "System Information" in the General menu.

What should I do now?
I send you a picture so you can see which device I have.

(here is a pic on my system)
http://i.imgur.com/nlPIZtJ.jpg

/ Yaris 2013

Hi Tobias & welcome to the forum :smile:

Are you sure that your car actually has Go? Touch & Go is a modular system comprising the Touch head unit & the Go (or Go Plus) nav is a separate box that plugs into the back of the head unit.

This looks like the older generation of the Touch system? It still has the CD player on top?

Mine is Touch w/o Go. I still can get into the system info, but when I try to register the system on My Toyota, it simply did not recognise my code. Toyota support also sounded useless.

I get the 'the system is not installed' message as well. My car does not have satnav installed, far too expensive to fit and far too expensive to keep up to date. So would imagine yours does have it fitted.

Mine has the head unit but not the nav (the cost is very high compared to alternatives). If you really want the car nav system, you can buy it separately (last I enquired of Toyota it was £650 fitted).

You are better getting an iPad, a bluetooth GPS receiver (unless you get the cellular version of iPad) and a nav app - it is still cheaper than the cost of the Toyota unit (and arguably better).

I have the nav app route audio through the bluetooth to the car, but the downside is bluetooth must be the audio source - you can't listen to DAB radio for example. I don't find this a problem as I usually have a huge playlist for driving, but if you want the radio, you lose the voice guidance. That said, you can switch audio sources and it doesn't affect the iPad, so if you switch back to bluetooth audio when you want the route guidance, it's fine.

There is an option to treat the instructions as a phone call so that it only interrupts the radio when a verbal instruction is given, that might be iPhone only but I can't see why not on the iPad 

• Like 1

Sounds like an iPhone option. Great tip!

i found a gt86 that had a bonnet fire the head unit was still in perfect condition with no melted fascia

so i bought it for £150 inc delivery i had to purchase a gps antenna for £10 so the cost of £160 was

well worth paying,so have a look on the auction sites you will find something thats worth buying,

it only took 20 to 30 minutes to fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eygo said:

i found a gt86 that had a bonnet fire

Have you read about hydrofluoric acid, created when plastics burn in cars? Read the warning in any Haynes!

no i haven't please enlighten me.

it would be reasonable to assume with the regulations in place for breakers yards

that they couldn't sell an item if it where deemed to be dangerous for a 3rd party to use

i didnt buy it for the screen just the nav unit so the top half was discarded.responsibly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links