Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sending Nav route to the car

Harters

I have registered with Toyota Online services and plotted a route to send to the car, but I can't work out how to find the route in the car.

Reading through the Nav manual it doesn't really say much about what to do once you send the route to the car.  I may have missed something as there is so much information relating to different types of Nav systems.

Basically, I plotted my route on my Mac, hit 'send to car' but I can't see the route in the car.  The car was already logged into online services in the car, so I hit retrieve POI's and routes, but still nothing.  I have now also ticked download POI/Routes automatically.

Any help much appreciated :smile:

Hi Stephen,

i also have a Prius Excel & have experienced the same problem. Most frustrating because I also sent a route to my sat nav but it either never arrived or like you I'd no idea how to find it! However, that was before I updated the system & I haven't tried it because I use an Apple iPhone 6 & iPad, which I've been informed by Toyota, is not totally compatible with the Touch2 with Satnav system. Are you using an iPhone? Toyota did state that its not there fault but a problem with Apple. I assume therefore it's pointless expecting my Apple iphone/iPad to send this information. I generally enter route details manually but would be interested if you or anybody else has any information on whether it's possible to send a route to the Satnav using an Apple iPhone/iPad? 

Hi Trevor 

I sent the instructions via Safari on my Mac and got a message to say instructions had been sent successfully. 

Even if I had sent via my iPhone I can't see why they say that could be a problem. 

Thank you

Stephen

Well I never..... just sat in my car to see if I could work this out and it's worked!!!

Had car on accessory and was looking through the settings when I saw something flash up on the screen saying something had been loaded. Went into the Nav screen and clicked on the 3 dots at the bottom and my route was there... twice as I did it more than once. 

I went to try and add a new route but for some reason it's not accepting my password which I know is correct. 

I will try again when I get home. 

Cheers Stephen,

As I said I haven't tried downloading a route since upgrading. Will give it a go though now. Thanks for this info.

Wi-fi connectivity is a joke on the Prius, one time it connects, the next time it doesn't. It does seem to connect ok with the phone but not wi-fi.

I set mine to connect to my home wi-fi and the one where I used to work, to auto connect and remember passwords. I can go outside turn on the car and it won't connect, one minute it doesn't even see my wi-fi, the next it does but does not connect and when I select the connection it asks for a password, then says can't connect when I put the password in. On other occasions coming home from work or arriving at work it would automatically connect as soon as I pulled in and parked up (at work and home). Coincidently (or not) if I go out and sit in my car with my phone connected then the wi-fi connection then works ???  

I downloaded a route from my toyota yesterday and as soon as I got the car to connect it downloaded it, but it took a minute or so, after it had said it was downloaded, before it appeared on the Nav (installing maybe ?)

It's quicker to download your route to USB and plug it in to the car instead of waiting to connect and to download, I've done this before now when I couldn't connect.

I had the 12 month subscription of Park and Go, google maps/street view, Auepo, weather etc. that came for free with the car, that expire next week but I don't think I'll be renewing the subs due to the poor connectivity and the fact that they are inferior apps to the ones that you can get for free on Google/Amazon etc (and possibly iTunes) for your Tablet or phone. 

Tired it again this morning with a route I sent to the car last night and by the time I backed the car out of the garage and had a look it was there, so it will be interesting to see if it continues to behave itself.  I have it to auto connect to my home wifi and it uses my phone to connect to the internet as well, so I don't know which route it took to download.

I have noticed that some menu items seem to get unticked or set back to factory, like the auto light setting and bluetooth charge warnings.