Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzing noise when usisng heater or A/c

Auris2010

Hello! Been hearing this buzzing noise everytime my car heater is on. Its been going on at least 2 weeks now. Has anybody experinence the same thing. Its a excel hybrid. 

Not a 2013 Auris 1.6 Sports as per your profile?

Sorry. I havent updated my profile.  Its a 2016 auris hybrid excel with TSS. 

Does the buzzing change with the fan speed setting? Has it always been present as long as you've had the vehicle? If so could be the fan blades are unbalanced.

No. The fan level is on its minimum

Ok but if you raise the fan speed does the noise change at all?

It buzz more when fan speed goes up. 

Been to the dealer, they'll look at it next month. Dont know whats wrong with it. 

• 1 month later...

Just manage to bring the car to the dealer, and was told that the noise/ buzzing sound im hearing from when a/c or heater are in are from the aircon motor itself, claims its because its a hybrid it has a high compression motor and the the hybrid system is part of it. 

But ive own a previous hybrid and never had this problem before and a hybrid would suppose to be as quiet and comfortable compare to other car. If only it doesnt make my headache worse because of the noise. Even with the radio on i can hear it on the background. Dealer says its the particular model of the hybrid that makes the noise. And i dont buy that reason. 

Sounds like they have told you a load of old tosh. The blower motor isn't connected to the AC system unless I'm severely misunderstanding. I get that with the hybrid the AC motor will need to be electric rather than mechanical, but is irrelevant. Why would the AC motor be on with heat selected?. I think you need to approach another main stealer er dealer. Giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe they misunderstood the problem?

• 2 years later...
On 3/23/2017 at 11:16 PM, Auris2010 said:

Hello! Been hearing this buzzing noise everytime my car heater is on. Its been going on at least 2 weeks now. Has anybody experinence the same thing. Its a excel hybrid. 

Check behind the glove box for debris.  It is easy to remove the glove box by pressing the sides in, and lifting out. The engineer found a plastic bag there (which had over spilled from the glove box).  Remove any debris found there.  Refit the glove box, and turn on the AC and check for the noise.

Buzzing sound from ac compressor is absolutely normal for hybrid cars, it is more prominent when turned  on the ac for the first time especially in hot days, or after you haven’t been using the car for a while,  it’s just the compressor that works harder to cool down the ac system. 

since 2013 we have owned 4 hybrids 1x toyota & 3 x lexus

the buzzing / creaking noise only happened after first turning on the system.

the buzzing sound i have had came from the motors that controlled the

temperature

after the ventillation unit had been replaced it was back to being silent.

attached is a video with the sound i use to hear