Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB Media

Prius2017

Hi All,

I bought a Prius active about three weeks ago. Struggling to get grips with Multimedia controls. Could any one please help me with the following:

when playing music from USB source

is there a way to use steering controls to skip to next album/folder?

Tracks are playing in a loop from the same album/folder again and again n not moving to the next folder/album!! Is there a way to change settings so it plays one after other please??

btw it's a Touch2 with go.

thanks in advance

Hi this is a common problem with the USB (I have it as well) so far I Have been waiting a year for Toyota to sort it out with a update still waiting

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. If it's a known issue why is Toyota not fixing it. As there are no steering wheel controls taking hands of steering wheel and controlling touch screen could prove very dangerous. Surely for the money we are paying we deserve better service.

Hi the faults I have include sat nav sound level to high or to low (it depends on media player levels ) even when media player is off . Road signs reading from 5 mph to 130mph. Cruise control and pedestrian colision switching off and not being available for 70 miles and 6 engine starts.Sat nav reverting from MPH to KPH on its own. So far Toyota has done nothing to repair. the car is first class except for anything to do with the Media player.

I'm delighted with my Prius Excel except for the things you've outlined with the multimedia. I also have the same issue with the USB source that seems to play tracks in some kind of alphabetical order only, although I have the tracks in folders & in track order. I also have the traffic sign problem with the display often showing the wrong traffic speed limit & randomly switching from MPH to KPH! Tracks that I'm playing from the USB source, if the volume is turned up because they are 'quiet tracks' also affects the volume on the warning of speed cameras, which believe me can be ear piercing. It would be nice if the system could be updated to put these matters right. If there are any updates to the system to get these matters sorted or if there is any advice that would help, I'd be keen to know. 

This is why I've stayed with the software that came with my car last June, and not done any updates.

My USB music works perfectly (although I gather larger numbers of tracks than the 300 or so I have cause more problems), the left right buttons on the left set of steering buttons change tracks no problem.

In 12,000 miles I've only had the SatNav change to Km once (but I hardly use it because of the poor traffic and dreadfully out of date maps, and because my TomTom with lifetime quarterly maps and live traffic is soooo good...

I've turned all sound from the SatNav off so have no problems there either.

I agree the speed limit recognition isn't even good enough for Alpha testing, and niether is the auto lights or auto mainbeam.  But overall, this is the best car I've ever driven, never mind owned.

• Like 1

Hi PeteB,

as you know I've complained about the lack of spare wheel option for the 17inch wheel versions & the multimedia issues in the past but like you this really is the best car I've ever driven as well as owned. It was the excellent experience of my previous reliable Gen3 Prius T-Spirit that made me without any doubts in my mind buy my Prius Excel. I'm just amazed that certainly around here in the Midlands, I hardly see any other new Prius cars on the road. 

How did you manage to get the picture of your car in place of the green 'B' square on the left? I've looked at all the settings options & cannot find how to do that. 

5 minutes ago, BhxTrev said:

...I hardly see any other new Prius cars on the road. 

How did you manage to get the picture of your car in place of the green 'B' square on the left? I've looked at all the settings options & cannot find how to do that. 

Hi Trevor

I'd only seen 7 until recently (excluding the demo I drove and mine!), but 2 more in the last couple of days, including one I followed for a few miles on Thursday.

In profile, I selected "cover picture" and uploaded the photo.

Regards, Pete

Thanks Pete. It's so obvious what I have to do now to use a photo of my car. I must be thick but put it down to my age. I'll do it after I've cleaned the car & taken a decent photo!