Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instrument Panel Dimming Died

aril

Hi all,

I replaced my 2004 Corolla's Battery and everything works great except the instrument panel lighting is stuck at the lowest brightness setting. The dimmer dial does nothing. All is well at night, but during the day it's hard to see the gauges. The fuses all seem fine (and per the schematic, a blown fuse should have knocked out other circuits). Any ideas where to start? The switch itself? (A resistor?)

Thanks!

Ari

On my t sport when you press the trip computer, keep pressing until you get loads of lines instead of mileage. That's the dimmer up and down! Sounds like that's your fault to me. And if it doesn't work you might need new clocks from a scrapper! 

5 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

On my t sport when you press the trip computer, keep pressing until you get loads of lines instead of mileage. That's the dimmer up and down! Sounds like that's your fault to me. And if it doesn't work you might need new clocks from a scrapper! 

I don't usual get answers so quickly that make me feel so ridiculous. :rolleyes: Thank you!!!

Turns out that the online manual has the dimmer dial (as my car does), but the actual dimming is exactly as RazzerRazor wrote.

Sheez, and thanks again!

Ari

Ha no worries mate. That's what we're all here for 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links