Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa 2.4 VVTi maintenance schedule

2005TSpirit

I have just picked up a 2005 Previa (UK model), 2.4 VVTi with an automatic transmission. Whilst there is some service history I'd like to check (due to age and mileage, which is 55,000) if it is necessary to change fluids, filters, etc. and will appreciate if anyone can point me to relevant information or advise. I have looked but cannot find a service manual for this year/model.

Some tyres will need replacing soon. Currently using Michelin but they are worn so I cannot evaluate them in terms of performance, mileage, quietness, etc.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations for tyres, brands of fluids, filters, spark plugs, etc. also appreciated.

Welcome....good choice..great vehicle.

You shouldn't really have any great issues at 55k miles...it's a VVTi engine so oil changes are key. I change mine (and filter) every 5-7k miles and use a 5w 30 fully synthetic oil (currently Castrol Edge).

I put 6 new Denso Iridium plugs in mine so they should last for 40/50k miles easily.

ATF should be fine...make sure it's at the right level when hot.....and that it's a nice reddish colour. (I think the fluid is Toyota type IV)

Your gearbox will let you know if it doesn't like what's in there..lol.

I've recently put 4 new Avon Z7 tyres on mine...nice and quiet.

I believe you have 4 exhaust/oxy sensors on the 2.4 model and they can be a bit of a bugger to replace (cost-wise)..thankfully I only have 2 on my V6....if you get an EML/CEL then it's quite possible that a sensor has gone down.

Much of what you will need for routine servicing is readily available. (e.g. ECP and the like)...unless you prefer to line the pockets of Mr. T..:laugh:

Stick to good quality stuff...Denso etc. and you should have many happy and reliable miles.!:smile:

Enjoy.!

Neil

Thanks for the info. I'll check it over the Easter holiday. Was a Haynes or similar manual ever made for the second generation previa or equivalent models (Estima, Tarago)?

No idea about the workshop manual I'm afraid....can only suggest you turn to Google and the like.

OK. One other question. Not sure if you transport bicycles but if you do which carriers are best for the Previa? Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links