Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Aux to Android connection not working

hippysunshine

I had a brand new Aygo VVT-I X (2014) yesterday with the basic audio system (not touch) and I didn't opt for bluetooth as I figured the USB and AUX would be enough for me.

Firstly, the USB does not connect with Android, which is a problem for me, but to work around that I have ordered a bluetooth kit so that I can play my music and make calls that way.

Secondly, In the mean time I got a new Aux lead so that I can listen to my music, however this isn't working. When I connect the phone to the car, there is a small crackle that makes me think it is connecting to the car speaker, but when I play music, it doesn't come through.

My standard mobile headphones work as normal with my phone so I'm assuming this is an issue with the AUX port in the car? 

I feel like I'm doing something simple wrong, and I hope I am and don't have to take it to the dealers?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You could check to see if the volume of the AUX port is turned up. Sometimes the AUX volume, even though it might be the same volume level as the radio, won't be as loud. You should also check on your mobile whether or not the volume is turned up and whether the headphone socket is selected. My phone was funny like this, and continue to reduce the volume on the phone to prevent ear damage.

In regards to the USB part, have you tried switching your phone to "Mass Media Mode"? Sometimes this can help a device recognise the phone as a glorified USB stick. You can turn it on via this website.

The Aux socket is just there to play music from an audio device. Have you checked the Aux settings?

52 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Aux socket is just there to play music from an audio device. Have you checked the Aux settings? 

I know what the AUX socket is for, playing music is what I want it to do. I need to know why it's not playing it.

1 hour ago, mickburkesnr said:

You could check to see if the volume of the AUX port is turned up. Sometimes the AUX volume, even though it might be the same volume level as the radio, won't be as loud. You should also check on your mobile whether or not the volume is turned up and whether the headphone socket is selected. My phone was funny like this, and continue to reduce the volume on the phone to prevent ear damage.

In regards to the USB part, have you tried switching your phone to "Mass Media Mode"? Sometimes this can help a device recognise the phone as a glorified USB stick. You can turn it on via this website.

Thanks Michael, I will give these options a shot and let you know how I get on, although, not entirely sure on how to change the volume of my AUX/ Is this in the settings on the car audio display?

Thanks

44 minutes ago, hippysunshine said:

Thanks Michael, I will give these options a shot and let you know how I get on, although, not entirely sure on how to change the volume of my AUX/ Is this in the settings on the car audio display?

No I meant the general volume of the head unit. In both my cars the AUX output is quiet on a volume level I use for the radio, while it's fine on the radio. So when I switch back to the radio after using the AUX and I forget about the volume my ears start to bleed.

I only mention this as my girlfriend said the same thing about our 107 not playing her phone. She had to turn the volume up on both her mobile and the head unit in the car.

39 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

No I meant the general volume of the head unit. In both my cars the AUX output is quiet on a volume level I use for the radio, while it's fine on the radio. So when I switch back to the radio after using the AUX and I forget about the volume my ears start to bleed.

I only mention this as my girlfriend said the same thing about our 107 not playing her phone. She had to turn the volume up on both her mobile and the head unit in the car.

So it turned out to be the media volume on my mobile. It wasn't high enough but now it works perfectly and the sound quality is perfect for me :)

Thank you so much for you help, I was driving myself crazy over this last night ha.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links