Do Not Sell My Personal Information

keys for 2012 Avensis

airt

Hello all I have two keys for this car new to me both are black keys with flip out blade key and both have the same three buttons .Problem with keya one will do all it is meant to and the other one will only start the car,what do I do please???? This is for a2012 avensis.

Hello and thankyou I was looking and poking about the key but I cant see where the fob opens to get into the key its the flip out type.

Iirc it's in the owners manual. https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/Manuals/Toyota/AVENSIS_EE_OM20B44E.pdf p564

I have the smart fob but I imagine that yours will similarly split 1/2 way up - you should be able to see the line where the 2 halves meet & if you rotate it there is probably a slot to insert a blade at some point.

• Like 2

You should have the owners manual which explains how  to change the key batteries. I am on a different PC, so cannot direct you to the actual page.

Heidfirst great job,Opened up and Battery out for replacing ,thankyou so much for your help.

• Like 1

Since airt has resolved his key situation, this will be of benefit to others. 

I looked on my other PC (laptop no.1) and found the instruction on changing the Battery - page 564:-

4-3. Do-it-yourself maintenance
AVENSIS_EE (OM20B44E)
Key Battery
Replace the Battery with a new one if it is discharged.

 You will need the following items:  Flathead screwdriver (To prevent damage to the key, cover the tip of the screwdriver with rag.)  Small Phillips-head screwdriver  Lithium battery Vehicles with smart entry & start system: CR1632 Vehicles without smart entry & start system: CR2016  Replacing the battery (vehicles with smart entry & start system) 

There are different types of key and all are covered.

If you do not have the manual, follow this link to download:- https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

• Like 1

Heidfirst great job,Opened up and Battery out for replacing ,thankyou so much for your help.

Konrad C thankyou so much for your help I was just away getting a new Battery ,got it in and it would only lock the door .I then tried to open the second part of the key and got it opened slightly took cold feet and snapped it closed andthe key is working perfectly.Thanks again to you and Heidfirst.

• Like 1