Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thudding over the smallest bump

Cooket3

Hi, yet another complaint about my car, Auris 2.2D SR180 2008. I know the ride is harsh as I have read in other posts, the best quote is if you drive over chewing gum you can determine the flavour!

Over the smallest bump or crack in the road my car literally thuds, it seems like there is no suspension at all, it sounds painfull for my allows, which are standard, and i think it will be doing more damage. I go at reasonable speeds and both fast and slow but has the same outcome.

Also going over speed bump is a nightmare as I need to crawl over them and scuffed my underside and one day an almighty thud which I felt right under my feet. Another time was a speed bump made out of bricks, it was only half a brick in height but my car still scraped, surely this cant be right?

Has anyone else faced these problems ans how did you fix it or what was the problem, and please dont say heavy passengers!

Is it one particular side it

Is it one particular side this happens. 

My own auris is very harsh feels like no suspension ... I struggle to get on my own drive but yours sounds a different issue ... How low does your car sit do you have a picture of it from dead on sideways (as seen attached) from both sides to see. 

Part of my undertray has taken a battering. 

You can tell if the paint on the road is matte or gloss and how thick they put it on though and my suspension is fine ... 

img_7646_30707680955_o.jpg

the front left seems the worst and front right is almost as bad. ill try upload a pic soon, cant say ive notices the car leaning to one side

Could have a couple of worn bushes the auris is very nose heavy 

The brushes have been changes a few months back, or so I was told! Just had a brand new shock put on the front left as it had no oil. Its exactly the same, I will try get the pictures of how the car sits this afternoon after work

" Just had a brand new shock put on the front left as it had no oil."

It's usually best to change both. If one has failed and they are both the same age then sure as night follows day the other will not be far behind, if it isn't knackered already!:smile:

No I think the left one was damaged prior to sale as I discovered a huge dent on the inside of the wheel, no doubt the previous owner ran over a curb or something hard ant this would have knacked it. Ill leave the other one for now as it looks fine. Just need to sort ot why it is thudding over small cracks in the road 

Finally as promised pics of how my car sits. Everything looks ok to me

20170405_173823.jpg

20170405_173805.jpg

20170405_173814.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links