Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road tax increase

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi guys n girls,

I am concerned as to whether we are to be affected by the new legislation regarding vehicle tax increases from April 2017.

We have a 2010 2.0 diesel manual saloon, for the life of me i cant remember how much we pay yearly, having a blank moment!!! Is it 130.00 for the year i think, however if it increases dramatically i'd be very concerned.

Tried googling it but i cannot conclude a definitive answer, or will effect brand new cars only registered from April 2017, im confused!

Please advise:wub:

No, this affects new cars registered from April 2017. Car new registered to 31 march 2017 (this Friday), will continue to use the current  vehicle excise duty (VED) system. VED is the correct term/name as road tax was actually abolished way back in 1937, and the roads are paid for out of general taxation.

However, in the budget the Chancellor announced they are looking at an alternative VED system for diesel vehicles, which may be introduced in the Autumn. Presumably this will affect vehicles using the pre-April 2017 system .......

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links