Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange noise vibration

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

I feel so frustrated by this issue and i wonder if ANYBODY here has experienced it.

Basically, im getting a vibrating sound, coming from directly infront of ME behind the steering wheel area, somewhere inside the dash...its definitely inside the vehicle and nothing to do with the outside, it sounds like a loose cable vibrating against the inside of the dash, or maybe a loose loom, god knows what it is, maybe a stone bouncing around inside it although how would that have got in there.

It was there last Monday, then Thursday, then this Monday, totally intermittent throughout the day, Ahhh, its so distracting, its the same sound regardless of speed or fan blowers on or off, best i can describe it is as if the windscreen is loose vibrating against metal. Its CRAZY.

ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED

If the sound is left of centre, check the cabin filter to see if something has fallen in. Try opening closing all the vents to see if the noise goes away. I don't hear much buzzing or vibrations, got music going and petrol engine smoother.

Thanks Konrad, definitely not the vents sun visors etc, but i will check the pollen filter as that could be a possibilty...something trapped inside it and then making its way through the vents and finding a dead end infront of steering wheel area...i dont know...lol...not a peep today though, when it happens its so loud and annoying, nobody believed me at first when i drove alone and the issue started, then they heard it for themselves and said...oh my god...what the hell mum...we'll walk to school!!!

• Like 1

Could be an insect? I was going to say a mouse! 🐀🐜🐝🕷🐞

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links