Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to test shockers

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All,

Quick one please, how would one tell if there is an issue with ones shocks or suspension, the vehicle passes the bounce test so no concerns there, when purchased the car a year ago everything felt stiff like it should, used to be a nice firm n hard ride, Now it feels a teeny bouncy and when going over humps i hear a slight Shuhhhhh from fronts and rears...more the rears...is this normal???

:wub::wub::wub:

I say the noise is normal. Do you slow down for the speed humps, and how loaded is the car? So long as there are no leaks from the damps and the springs are no damaged, you should be okay. My car has a firm suspension. 

• Like 2

I agree with Konrad. All shockers will loosen a little with wear but as long as they pass the bounce test and there are no leaks you're road worthy. You may decide to replace before they leak but that's choice not necessity. I still have 3 originals 218k on and they work fine and pass the mot every year, at least so far.

Mine makes an irritating creaking sound whenever I go over speed humps!

Thanks guys, it passed the last mot in September 2016 and i recall specifically asking if the shocks looked okay and there were no issues.

Cyker...why are yours creaking? Could it be the springs instead?? I thought shocks hissss and springs creak?

I think creaking is more likely to be the anti-roll bar bushes.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links