Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid collection tomorrow

javnas

Hello all,

Collecting my first Yaris design bronze hybrid tomorrow.

Just want to know if i need to check something before i roll it off the forecourt.

I'll be updating pictures tomorrow.

Good night, can't sleep lol...

Just check that any accessories, etc you've ordered have been fitted to the car, and check the amount of fuel (commonly fuel tends to be left low on new car collection).

Think the waxoyling may affect the Toyota corrosion warranty

Waxoiled just exposed parts. Common areas exposed to grit. I asked the dealers and as long i can produce a vat invoice for it, they said I'm covered . 

Looking great!

Yes, 49 MPG is fine, as it's still running in and loosening up.

In fact, mine was so "tight" that compared to the demonstrator I drove previously, it required noticably more power to get moving. It was very slow at the beginning. Within a mile of leaving the dealer, I had to drive on dual-carriageway, and everything was passing me (I'm not exactly light-footed).

For the first 1000 miles I limited my speed to 50 MPH, and didn't take it into the power band until after the first 100 miles, and then only after about 15 minutes of driving.

It will take around 1000 miles before you see significant improvement in fuel economy. Mine is at 14,000 miles now, and I still see improvement over time! Part of it will be learning how to get the best out of it.

You *might* find that sometimes when you power-on and the engine starts with the vehicle stationary, that it sounds/feels to be mis-firing. This seems to occur when it is cold. After a minute or so this behavior stops and it smooths out. As far as I can tell, this is normal. You will also notice a slight change in sound within the first 30 seconds or so - I think this is something to do with the EGR valve.

Enjoy! They're fantastic.

Nice looking car there I'm sure once you get used to how the system works you will not want to go back.

128 miles so far and getting 49.5 mpg. Mostly town driving . Is it ok?

IMG_20170401_224443.thumb.jpg.34d98bab433691c441857635513a3df2.jpg

That's fine for now, with it being new. Both you and the car have to get used to each other. Then you should see the mpg increase. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had mine 4 weeks now, done nearly 800 miles and the mpg is gradually going up. Started around the 50 mpg mark, has crept up to just under 55 mpg now.

I'm hoping it'll keep improving and I'll get into the low to mid 60s eventually. I've avoided hard acceleration and higher speeds, but basically have just driven normally to be honest. 

Most of my driving is urban, but have a short run on a dual carriageway usually twice a week, so have been up to and possibly slightly over 70 on occasion...

Also had to accelerate harder than I really wanted once or twice to avoid getting side-swiped by merging traffic.

Car is starting to feel looser and smoother every day. I especially noticed a few days ago the car feels more powerful suddenly.

I use the cruise control as much as possible, both on the dual carriageways and in 30 zones where safe.

Driving the hybrid I'm developing a slightly different technique to the old car, I accelerate up to the speed I want and then find if I briefly come off the gas and then blip back on the pedal the revs drop to maintain the same speed.

Previous car was a 2010 series 2 Yaris 1.33 with the MMT box from which I got low to mid 40s usually, so already about 25% better economy.

On long runs it would do over 50 mpg easily, I got it over 60 mpg on a couple of runs. It would get about 5% better economy on the Shell performance petrol too, but as it costs more than 5% more than regular I would only put it in every so often. I'm doing the same with the new car, but so far no noticeable difference.

You will get into the 60's easily. The only thing that stops me getting into the 70's is the other drivers that drive fast enough that you can't overtake, but don't keep a steady speed. I have overtaken some while still running in EV.

:-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been to Paris with it. Copes extremely well. I've used cruise control most of the time set at 80 mph on french roads. It's just perfect.

• Like 1

Glad you like it :-)

Drive to Germany in the Auris last year and with a roof box, the economy was still good enough. Even if it took a little longer to pick up speed.

Could well be, the readings are usually optimistic. It is best taken as a guide and use something he website fuelly.

I like the chart to see how you have done over the past 5 journeys.

I've found 56/57 MPH (or 90 kph) to be a sweet-spot for economy. With the AC set to LO (single zone) and the fan at minimum (this also reduces the AC power demand!) I can hold speed and get a computer-reported instantaneous MPG of 85. It will stay constant for several miles like this (unfortunately the road is not flat the whole way).

You should do this anyway, but I found it to be critical (not merely a good idea) for fuel economy to ensure the tyres are correctly inflated. It's amazing what difference this actually makes.

I've also found the road surface to make a significant difference to economy. At this point I don't think this is simply my imagination. I find as I pass from rough road (noisy) to smooth road (quieter) that I need to lift off slightly (but makes a huge difference to fuel flow), yet there is no discernible change in incline of the road at this point.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links