Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota recalls 2.9m cars globally over airbag issue

cuius

" 46,604 cars in the UK are affected, and are limited to 13,890 Auris and 32,714 Yaris models. Affected cars were built between December 2002 and March 2004, and February 2007 and December 2012. "

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/toyota-recalls-29million-cars-globally-over-takata-airbag-issue

I'd hate to be the one responsible for finding insurance for Takata after all of these recalls.

I received a letter from Toyota some time back advising that my Yaris is affected. Due to the size of the recall parts are not readily available and when that happens I will be further contacted.

It would appear that it also applies to some cars manufactured after Dec. 2012 because mine was built in Feb. 2014.

We received a letter a couple of days ago for our Corolla. The letter stated it was for the passenger airbag which was actually carried out last year. I rang the free number and got an immediate reply (well done) saying that the letter was incorrect and that it was a separate recall for the drivers airbag (so not well done), that there had been confusion (not good) and that I should contact the dealer to progress things. Oh, and no parts were available or likely to be available for a very long time. Hmmm !

The problem with the Takata recall is the sheer numbers of cars involved globally (100 million), the number of vehicle manufacturers involved (approx 20 globally), and that it is Takata who are supplying the replacement parts, not the vehicle manufacturer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links