Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering problems

geoweb2k14

Hi guys, here goes and I hope someone can help me.. Ive changed the front drop links, ball joints and inner and outer tie rods and got alignment done.. Car is driving as straight as a gun barrell. The problem is that the outer edge of my passenger tire in less than a week is showing the wire(thread completely gone). If I go over the slightest bump or even a sewer cover the steering wheel suddenly jumps left or right. When I'm especially turning right and the weight of the car is on the left side the car shudders on the ground....chrcked steering rack and all brackets are dead tight. Could this be lower control arm bushes worn hence the sudden jersey of the steering wheel? I also feel a vibration in the whole car.... Any help in diagnosing the problem would be much appreciated.. George.  

Hi I suggest you have a full geometry check done sounds like something bent has the car been in a shunt in the past do a quick measurement of the wheel gap in the arches front and back . Also the geometry check alignment will show the issue ,sounds like excessive negative camber if I remember the right terms , I'm sure some will google it as advise . Good luck 

• Like 3

Alan you were spot on. I brought the car back to the tyre centre that done the alignment and the guy(young trainee) that done it hadn't a clue. The wheel alignment was grossly off on that side. All sorted now with 2 new tyres for free. You know your stuff :2guns:thanks. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links