Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help needed

andy@sheffield

I have a 1996 5 door Rav4 which I am desperately trying to keep on the road. It drives like a dream and has less than 100k miles, so plenty left, but ... To get through next MOT it needs rear trailing arms both sides (the arm that the coil spring sits on). Cant find any anywhere. Has anybody got any ideas?

Emmm, stating the obvious... why can't Toyota supply them? 

Stating the obvious, do Toyota stock 1996 year parts? Even more obvious, Toyotas price is probably more than the car is worth. If they were so easily obtainable, there would still be plenty left in salvage yards.

To find out whether Toyota stock these rear trailing arms and how much they are, send Parts-King a personal message, detail your car (registration number, etc), and what you want, and Parts-King will reply accordingly.

• Like 1

OK, my reply may have had a hint of being facetious... you will probably find that Toyota does not keep many spare for vehicles as old as ours.  Years ago you could get spares from the main dealers for cars thirty to fourty years after manufacture (Ford, Austin, Morriis, Triumph, Rover etc.)  The fit seems to be today... once the model has been replaced then your on your own... and a twenty year old car, well, little to no chance.  I have a twenty year old Rav4 with 90,000 miles on the clock; these are surpossed to be good for over 200,000 miles, it drives just like new with no issues.  I have no desire to scrap it as I just love the way it drives.  However, I can't expect any long term support from Toyota, and as you said, if they did have spares they would be at an uneconomic price with regard to what the car is worth money wise. If I remember... Ford used to sell older spares at a discount price to reflect the value of the older vehicle.  Modern sales/marketing just want you to buy a new car and not keep relics like ours on the road LOL

Try one of the larger salvage yards... these tend to be networked, so they can do a nation wide search for any difficult used spare you might want.  Third party parts suppliers may also be able to help with none genuine parts, esp for brake and clutch parts but not specific Toyota parts.  Four or five years ago I purchased some genuine Toyota spares; two front brake discs and pads... cost me £250  (@-@).  None genuine spares were listed as £80... you takes ya choice!

Hi does your rear control arms need rebushing as the bushes are on eBay for 25 quid 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links