Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior lighting

Cowdenite

This is just in case anyone has a similar problem. The interior lights in our Yaris Hybrid Excel stopped coming on when a door was opened. Checked that the unit centre switch was in the correct position, it was and returned car to dealer. Problem was initially diagnosed as faulty switch and switch ordered. Returned to dealer to progress delivery and technition had another look and it seems that the auto lights on is a programmable feature. I was told that it had been set wrong at factory, I'm sure they were working normally when we picked car up. Technition set option to on and all OK now.

I'm confused - the only automatic lighting I know of for INTERIOR lights is when approaching the car (smart entry), otherwise it is linked to the door status/switching the car off with the light switch in center - no programming required???

Your right, I did say that ours stopped coming on when a door was opened. There are a number of features that can be switched on or off and the lnterior lighting being activated by door switches etc is one of them. The technician brought up a screen where the interior lighting option was set to off on our car he changed this to on and all was OK. I'm not sure but don't think this option screen is available to owners maybe there is a secret code to get to it.

Brian

no it's available to end users, its in the setting somewhere, you can set it to off or set how long the light stays on, upto 30 seconds.

you can also set it on the mytoyota site, however i've found that regardless of what's set on the site, if in the car you tell it to download settings, the light gets set to off and you have to put it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh - do your cars have nav installed?

I've seen the "Car Settings" page on the menu, but when I go there it is empty. I do *not* have the nav option.

My car does have sat nav and I've just had a look at settings. In doing so I may have shed light on my query that started this post.

from memory with sat nave map on screen

1 press set up button it's the second button down from the top of the buttons on the right hand side of screen.

2. With set up screen on go to page 2

3 Select vehicle option on screen.

4. The screen you get is blank apart from veichle customisation in top left hand corner. Touch this text on screen.

5 You then get options for lock settings, climate settings and light settings (think this is the one that would have cured my problem).

Hope this is of some help.

Brian

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I have been trying to work out why my interior lights have stopped working.

I wonder if I have customised the settings by mistake!

Very helpful post.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Update:  I had turned off the timer for the interior lights!  

(Saves an embarrassing trip to my dealer)

On 07/04/2017 at 8:18 AM, ratbat said:

no it's available to end users, its in the setting somewhere, you can set it to off or set how long the light stays on, upto 30 seconds.

you can also set it on the mytoyota site, however i've found that regardless of what's set on the site, if in the car you tell it to download settings, the light gets set to off and you have to put it back.

How do you download settings from mytoyota?

I've not seen anything to do with settings.  All there seems to be is being able to book services, see your service history and download a manual.  A few other things, but not much of any actual use. They want you to register your multimedia system, but we don't have one.

Am I missing something?

Mick.

5 minutes ago, Mick F said:

They want you to register your multimedia system, but we don't have one.

You don't have a Toyota Touch or Touch 2 system?

Don't know what it's called.  The car is a 2014 Hybrid Excel.

We have a screen that will show the engine and Battery and fuel consumption, we have DAB radio and MP3 and FM radio. We have full audio and bluetooth hands free.

No navigation, no internet.  There is a settings screen, but I've not checked it all.  I do know there's no way of downloading anything.

Note to self:  Check on how all this works properly.

Mick.

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You don't have a Toyota Touch or Touch 2 system?

We don't have any of these that would show anything like that.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.12.33.png

You probably will have, on a 2014 I imagine it will probably be a Touch 2 system (& if you have bluetooth you may well be able to access the internet via a connected mobile phone).

I'll check, but playing about with it earlier, there seemed very few facilities.  No doubt if I wanted to, I could access the internet actually on my phone, but I couldn't see anything to control that from the car.

Touch2 and Touch and Go, neither of which are like ours, and Vehicle Customisation was blank.

Mick.

3 hours ago, Mick F said:

Touch2 and Touch and Go, neither of which are like ours, and Vehicle Customisation was blank.

does yours look like that featured in this? http://blog.toyota.co.uk/2014-toyota-yaris-introduces-aupeo-audio-streaming-service

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links