Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glass needed Mk2 Hatchback

wedgehog

Hi Guys, I have a treasured 1984 Carina Mk2 Hatchback 1600 GL , It's still in use and on the road, well it was, I reversed into the garage and didn't notice a bit of steel had fallen over at an angle and it caught the drivers side rear quarter screen and smashed it :-(

Can anyone help please, even an old scratched one cut off a wreck with a hot knife would do.

DSC02382.jpg

Helloooooo any one on here?

• Like 1

Hi Savvy, you and I are both waiting for someone to talk to, or you and I both need glass?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wedgehog said:

Hi Savvy, you and I are both waiting for someone to talk to, or you and I both need glass?

AT151_CarinaGlass.jpg

..... any help?? P.no 62711 (rh 1/4 glass)

2sav

Hi Sav, Very kind thanks, but yes I have the EPC. I keep finding places around the world who list the part ande when I order it they say no stock, that makes me so angry. Amyana list it and apparently have it but won't ship glass Internationally :-(

I'm not sure where you'd get the glass for this, I wouldn't imagine too many breakers would even have this car in there.

There is an option to get the glass made for the car, a place like this do that. I've never used them, I've never had to. But it's an option.

• Like 1

I don't know if you have asked on ToyotaNation but they seem a really nice bunch. You may strike lucky and a sympathetic poster may get one & ship (on person - to - person terms)

Worth a shot?

2sav

• Like 1

Thanks guys I will check those out, I had considered having one made but when I looked on the net they were talking prices more than the cars worth.

21 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

I'm not sure where you'd get the glass for this, I wouldn't imagine too many breakers would even have this car in there.

There is an option to get the glass made for the car, a place like this do that. I've never used them, I've never had to. But it's an option.

I just spoke to a bloke there Mick, I forgot it was good Friday, but he answered the phone, told him the stoey and he said that the office was shut, but to phone Tuesday and speak to John and he will check all their sources and if they have nothing they will look further afield and if that doesn't come up with anything think about making one, but he hasn't mentioned prices yet, we will see.

2 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I don't know if you have asked on ToyotaNation but they seem a really nice bunch. You may strike lucky and a sympathetic poster may get one & ship (on person - to - person terms)

Worth a shot?

2sav

Hi Sav, Well I just tried to go on there and it says my IP is banned, very good! I have never been on there. I have messaged the admins.

1 minute ago, wedgehog said:

Hi Sav, Well I just tried to go on there and it says my IP is banned, very good! I have never been on there. I have messaged the admins.

Gahh... I've just been on so us 'brexiteers' are not beyond the pale... lol

2sav

• Like 1

I have sent a PM to a mod on TN. No names mentioned just a heads up to a Brit IP giving trouble.

2sav

Thanks Sav mate, I will keep checking to see if it's cleared

18 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I have sent a PM to a mod on TN. No names mentioned just a heads up to a Brit IP giving trouble.

2sav

TN have pmd back :cool:

If you pm ME the IP you are having a problem with he will clear you.

Blocked a shed load of UK origin cos of 'mass spammers'... Ha! and we thought it was China :ph34r:

2sav

Pm sent mate

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wedgehog said:

Pm sent mate

And..... Forwarded :cool:

2sav

Thank you 😎

• Like 1

Yup, I have just registered and what a nightmare it was, it wouldn't allow my usual handle so I'm CarinaBob, the nagging about the password was unbelievably strict, but never mind I'm on there now. I guess if there is any possibility of parts out there they would be for the Corona, which I believe is what our Carina is called everywhere else, but I don't know if there was a Corona exactly like the Hatchback do you?

• Like 1

According to 'how many left', there were only 40 Carina II's still registered in the UK in 2016, which may be why responses have been limited.

Presumably you've explored the replacement glass section of one's insurance policy.

3 hours ago, wedgehog said:

Yup, I have just registered and what a nightmare it was, it wouldn't allow my usual handle so I'm CarinaBob, the nagging about the password was unbelievably strict, but never mind I'm on there now. I guess if there is any possibility of parts out there they would be for the Corona, which I believe is what our Carina is called everywhere else, but I don't know if there was a Corona exactly like the Hatchback do you?

Post that piccie of yours.....

"Need glass... :sad:"

...... and wait :wink:

2sav

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to 'how many left', there were only 40 Carina II's still registered in the UK in 2016, which may be why responses have been limited.

Presumably you've explored the replacement glass section of one's insurance policy.

Hello Frosty, thanks for joining in. Well! with regards to the Insurance I didn't think there was any point on two counts, first I thought because I broke it myself they would say get stuffed and second as no one anywhere appears to have the glass what could they do?

Intresting about the numbers thank you.

You smashed the window by accident reversing into the garage, so why wouldn't it be covered? If the glass replacement company cannot get a third party part (most don't use original equipment glass), they may be able to get one cut. You never know til you ask.

Ok mate, well that's interesting to know, I will look into it , I'll let you know what they say.

• Like 1