Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glass needed Mk2 Hatchback

wedgehog

TN has 'interesting leads' appearing :ph34r:

I'll take an email back, from a guy holding the glass in his oily hands, over a 'hit' in the gulf :wink:

Juss sayyinn, lyke

2sav

• Like 1

B.T.W.  I have 'floated' your needs on my other home forum - Autosh*te (rhymes with flight).

Lots of eyes and rabid about auld tat/hiding places of said tat :wink:

2sav

• Like 1

All Quiet, there Bob... ?

still waiting..??

2sav

Sorry mate Stupid me didn't notice there was a page 2 ☺ Thanks for putting the word out, I really appreciate the help, To be honest I am starting to lose hope :-(

• Like 1

... so then.... have you 'popped the question?' >> to your insurers :ph34r:

a guy (on AutoShhhh) had his insurance source/supply a windscreen from Australia [no UK stock] on his car = A Holden :wink:

2sav

Hello mate, No sorry I haven't yet, I'm a bit of an old crock myself and I have had to attend some hospital appointments and sort some crap out. I have had to cancel two operations as they found I had a bad heart arrhythmia, so I have been up the hospital for test etc and the done nothing for a couple of days, However I will get to it as soon as she who must be obeyed stops giving me lists of things to do😁

• Like 1

Kiwis calling... Kiwis calling...

Hold on tite........ :balloon:

2sav

Hmmm I haven't heard anything from him yet mate :-(

On 4/17/2017 at 7:37 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

You smashed the window by accident reversing into the garage, so why wouldn't it be covered? If the glass replacement company cannot get a third party part (most don't use original equipment glass), they may be able to get one cut. You never know til you ask.

Ok Finally I contacted the Insurance company, they were more interested in taking the excess than talking about supplying the glass, it will be interesting to see what they come up with because the company is Autoglass and I phoned them and asked if they had the glass some weeks ago and I got the impression that if they couldn't take a couple of hundred quid by the end of the phone call, they weren't interested. May the 2nd they are supposed to be coming, so I am positive I will get a call before then claiming they can't find any, but we will see.

Hmmmj do I sound negative, after the crap I have had so far where I have been offered the glass twice and then not are you surprised 😂

Heard from Autoglass, I very nice chap phoned me to say they don't have it, I said that I had hoped they would make a little more effort than that and I gave him the Euro part number, given to me by yet another very nice and helpful chap, this part number showed the glass as listed for the Corona, which is what this car was called when it was sold abroad, and told him a couple of places around the planet that show they have got it on the net, not that that means much. He phoned me back after a time and told me that he had checked one of them and they hadn't got it. So I gave him the link to Amayama Trading, they show they have it and I have purchased many parts from them for this car and imported them from japan or wherever they are, Ithe thing is with them is that I couldn't buy it as they clearly state they won't ship glass internationally, but I'm hoping as it's a huge company like Autoglass that's asking they may find a way. He thanked me for that but said that they would carry on the search after the break, so we will see.

• Like 1

Chill, m8 :tongue:

..... just enjoy the rest of the Weekend.

2sav

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been browsing DoneDeal, Irish car eBay.

Two of yours for sale.....

Thinks** Hmm? Irish breakers??

Just a thought m8

2sav

Hi mate,  Already on that, A chap who is helping me who works for Pilkington glass has got a mate looking out for me in Ireland, he aslso told me there were a lot of that model out there when they were new. You have reminded me to ask him about it though :-)

• Like 1

I think the 'Wiley auld coots' * may have sent the odd skeleton ship south of the equator loaded with tasty crumbs for the Dark Continent.

*no racial stereotyping applied/inferred in this light banterish post :laugh:

2sav

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would bump this topic as I am still trying to find a rear right quarter glass for my carina, Please can anyone help?

• Like 1

:ohmy: + :wink: + :rolleyes: = :biggrin:

Woot... Woot !!

2sav

• Like 1

Hi mate,

I have only just fallen in with what this "Woot woot" meant :biggrin: I had to use the force and only found the PM today, I have answered. The problem with all these we are finding, like the One at Anayama Trading, is that none of them will ship to the UK for some strange reason :unsure: What we need is some kind soul who's going out there for a holiday to fetch it back as walk on hand luggage, it's small enough, and that would ensure it didn't get thrown and broken by the usual skilled loaders at the Airports!

• Like 1

Might get it shipped at around a ton?, + glass ... Looks like a shout around 2ton :mellow:

2sav

On 5/29/2017 at 5:18 PM, tooSavvy said:

Might get it shipped at around a ton?, + glass ... Looks like a shout around 2ton :mellow:

2sav

A ton? Didn't understand that at all mate?

8 minutes ago, wedgehog said:

A ton? Didn't understand that at all mate?

Think he means £100.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

Think he means £100.

Not a Pony or a Bag :biggrin: .... Yup = £100

2sav

• Like 1

Ahh ok thanks :rolleyes: and there's me thinking why would a quarter glass weigh a ton :laugh:

Our contact last logged on 29th.

Not avoiding us, then :wink:

2sav

Hmm that's very sad mate, I thought we had found a genuine kind person who was willing to help, I wouldn't mind if he had just said No for whatever his reasons would be, but to say yes and then just leave us hanging is not acceptable behavior, while we wait someone else might buy the glass and then I've lost it, I think I will have to give him to about the middle of next week to honor his offer to help and if we still hear nothing from him I will have to try and negotiate with the supplier to ship it.

• Like 1

Yes... Well, as I only have 'forum' contact .. I am stumped :mellow:

We Wait & See....

2sav