Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 D4D Starting problems

Gathelios

So, I've been searching for hours to find a solution to the cold starting issues, had the same problem for two winters now.  After coming across a topic on here stating technical service bulletin EG-0132T-1110-EN, I just can't find anything about it anywhere on Toyota tech.  I could do with something solid to give my local garage who are going to look at the problem (again) for me, they replaced a like for like SCV which solved the problem for a while and it's slowly come back.  Has anyone got anything on this?

Cheers,

Gareth

I'm sure on the 2.0 there is an updated schedule and software for it 

I know there's a software update for the issue, and my car, but would that still require a new SCV or just a clean up of the old one and the update?

It's a different SCV altogether

Does it have a specific TSB? I've looked through every single one and can't find it on Toyota-tech

• 9 months later...

Did you get your car sorted? Also does this scv upgrade and ecu update work? Also what sort of price is involved in this upgrade? Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Tjohnson said:

Did you get your car sorted? Also does this scv upgrade and ecu update work? Also what sort of price is involved in this upgrade? Thanks 

It worked like a dream, had some properly cold mornings and haven’t had a single issue (touch wood) I’d try getting the software update first then the SCV if it’s needed. There’s a reset procedure once you have a new SCV fitted so the car can learn how startup with the new part installed.

The dealers charge I think around £80 for the software, I got the SCV done with a local garage for about £350ish. I can’t really remember it’s been so long ago!

Definitely try the update first, there’s a chance it will work alone, and you won’t need the SCV.

Hope that helps

• 10 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:56 PM, Gathelios said:

So, I've been searching for hours to find a solution to the cold starting issues, had the same problem for two winters now.  After coming across a topic on here stating technical service bulletin EG-0132T-1110-EN, I just can't find anything about it anywhere on Toyota tech.  I could do with something solid to give my local garage who are going to look at the problem (again) for me, they replaced a like for like SCV which solved the problem for a while and it's slowly come back.  Has anyone got anything on this?

Cheers,

Gareth

I have the same issue 2.0 auris 95 thousand miles 

Starting cold new injectors new glow plugs New fuel primer unit cleaned egr new alternator  have cleaned gauze in fuel tank  fuel pump changed scv valve changed 

Nothing has help start car on cold morning s better 

Regards Martin 

• 1 year later...

I have the problem on my d4d auris. It becomes on but won't start. This problem started yesterday. Its 201000 on the clock. Please help

Regards 

Maswazi